Solution
HP doesn't support Windows 10 on the Presario CQ56 series (it doesn't have any Windows 10 drivers for it).

Only Windows 7 is supported.

That may have some bearing on your current problem, though that's just a guess to be honest, but it can't be a coincidence that the problem began when you upgraded.

With laptops especially, you should always check the laptop manufacturer's support pages before going ahead with an OS upgrade or downgrade.

All I can suggest is you revert to Windows 7 via the Factory Restore discs if you made a set, or if the Factory Restore on the HDD is still intact & usable, use that method by invoking it at boot time.

It's either that or continue using Windows 10 on it from mains power only, obviously...
HP doesn't support Windows 10 on the Presario CQ56 series (it doesn't have any Windows 10 drivers for it).

Only Windows 7 is supported.

That may have some bearing on your current problem, though that's just a guess to be honest, but it can't be a coincidence that the problem began when you upgraded.

With laptops especially, you should always check the laptop manufacturer's support pages before going ahead with an OS upgrade or downgrade.

All I can suggest is you revert to Windows 7 via the Factory Restore discs if you made a set, or if the Factory Restore on the HDD is still intact & usable, use that method by invoking it at boot time.

It's either that or continue using Windows 10 on it from mains power only, obviously no good if you want to use it on the move.

Solution
Mar 10, 2018

Very good my good sir and I totally agree. I just needed some good backup on if I was correct in my own opinion. Thank you very much for your reply and it has put to rest my mind as to what to do. Very best regards to you!