Battery discharges up to 50 % and then shuts down without any warning and when I plug in it charges only up to 80 %

Radhika_Rads

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
Hello, I have a Dell laptop. Its an Inspiron N4030. Some 8 months ago, my battery gave up completely but I kept using it and now I just bought a new battery and started using it. But then when not plug in, it discharges up to 50 % and then shuts down without any warning and when I plug in and reboot, it charges only up to 80 % and then says Plugged In Not Charging. I even updated my BIOS, changed my battery but still its the same problem.

Solution

It was actually a battery problem. I got a new battery and its working fine. So, thank you for the help.

Radhika_Rads

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014

Its not really a cheap one but not exactly from Dell. I've actually been told it might be because of laptop overheating. So, I think best is dropping the laptop for repairs! Thanks anyways!

To see if it's an overheating issue, run the laptop without the battery. Sounds like it's a battery issue to me.

Radhika_Rads

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014

It was actually a battery problem. I got a new battery and its working fine. So, thank you for the help.

Solution