Question Battery drain while powered off

Nov 23, 2019
Samsung J320a, 40 - 50% battery drain overnight if powered off. Remove battery, and reinsert in the morninis the only way to keep the charge. No software updates available. System reset performed, system cache reset. I even tried a new battery just for the hell of it. Any thoughts? Next step is a shop or replacement.

If it is draining even when off, and you replaced the battery, I have to ask if the batteries are OEM or aftermarket? I ask that because aftermarket parts aren't always the best option.

However, if it is an OEM part (the battery) then I would suggest you either contact the manufacturer (if the phone is still under warranty) or take it to a local tech. When powered off it should not drain quickly.

Nov 23, 2019
If it is draining even when off, and you replaced the battery, I have to ask if the batteries are OEM or aftermarket? I ask that because aftermarket parts aren't always the best option.

However, if it is an OEM part (the battery) then I would suggest you either contact the manufacturer (if the phone is still under warranty) or take it to a local tech. When powered off it should not drain quickly.