Battery got depleted; won't turn on

Katy__

Estimable
Nov 21, 2015
Hi, I have a Lenovo z580 Ideapad laptop that I haven't been on for a few days. When I went to turn it on, I realized the battery light on the computer was red so I plugged it in. When the battery light went from red to white, I tried to turn it on. The fan started, but stopped after a few moments and the screen stayed black the entire time. Also, the volume and power buttons still light up and don't go off until I shut the computer off again
I tried taking out the battery, removing the adapter (which works perfectly fine), and holding down the power button for a minute. Then I put the battery back in, and tried to turn it on, but the fan still goes out after a few moments and the screen still stays black.
Please help!

Hi,

Please do try these following troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving the issue.
- Start by trying to boot the laptop without the battery. Remove the battery then connect just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up.
- Next is to try and test the AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage to power the laptop or try another AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- If this will not work reseat the RAM, take all the RAM off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they seated properly.
- If all these will not work I would contact the manufacturer if it's still under the factory warranty for a repair.