Solved! Battery not charging

Sep 6, 2018
Good day, i have a dell 3521 laptop windows 8.1. It shows charging but actually the percentage is decreasing. I bought orignal brand new charger and battery but still doing the same. In the bios it shows the ac adapter as 90wh what can i do to fix this.

Solution
Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if the charging still goes down or not. If it doesn't, then you likely have a software issue. Something is running on the laptop in normal mode that is causing it to lose power faster than it is being replaced.

However, if it continues to do this in "Safe Mode", then you could have gotten a bad charger, bad battery or it could be the motherboard.

Try charging when it is off (not sleep or hibernate but off) and see if it goes up. If it does, then that charger (new or not) may well be the problem.
Try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if the charging still goes down or not. If it doesn't, then you likely have a software issue. Something is running on the laptop in normal mode that is causing it to lose power faster than it is being replaced.

However, if it continues to do this in "Safe Mode", then you could have gotten a bad charger, bad battery or it could be the motherboard.

Try charging when it is off (not sleep or hibernate but off) and see if it goes up. If it does, then that charger (new or not) may well be the problem.

Solution
Sep 6, 2018
Hi webworkings, i did what u said but still it dont charge the battery. It says charging but actually its not. So i think it might then be the motherboard. Thanks for your help tho