Battery not detected

May 16, 2018
Hello I'm having an issue with my DELL Inspiron 3542, its battery is not detected and I'm constantly getting this error as well " Your battery is temporarily disabled. Please turn off your computer and try again when the unit is back to the operational temperature" Here are the things I have tried so far: Turning off laptop and disconnecting battery, tried support diagnostics with no results. Anyone know what's the issue?

Solution
Well using an adapter that isn't the correct specs for your device will damage the battery, and possibly more, over time, if not immediately. So I would have the battery checked first and if necessary check the laptop power and motherboard. Also, get the correct adapter if you plan to keep using that device.
May 16, 2018

The battery is the original one and right now i'm currently using a different AC Adapter.

May 16, 2018

The Adapter that i'm using is actually a different one from the original, completely different specs. Old one was a stock dell adapter and right now the one i'm using a nonbrand adapter.

May 16, 2018

One more thing to add, I tried testing the battery in bios and got an error. I'm not sure if the battery is just dead or as you say the adapter could be the issue.

Well using an adapter that isn't the correct specs for your device will damage the battery, and possibly more, over time, if not immediately. So I would have the battery checked first and if necessary check the laptop power and motherboard. Also, get the correct adapter if you plan to keep using that device.

Solution