Battlefield 3 wont play on asus g73jh

n1njam005e

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
Battlefield 3 is stuck on "joining server" when trying multiplayer.

Game won't load at all in campaign mode

The game won't load and since going to get the updated drivers for the ATI 5870 vidoe card now my resolution is garbage and the computer can't detect the 5870 card.

I have read to update VBios but I am afraid that I have to run recovery first and restart the whole computer again....

any advise and/or WORKING links to combat this would be appreciated.

xunicronx

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2007
The Battlefield 3 server could possibly be down. Do you have the latest patches? Do you know if your laptop meets the minimum system requirements? Are you using a broadband connection?

n1njam005e

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

I bought this laptop used and before buying I saw the seller playing battlefield 3 and then he recovered to stock and now I can't get it to load past the "joining server" for multiplayer AND it won't even load the campaign mode at all. there is a slight flicker on the screen before it would switch over to the game for playing but then nothing happens.... I am thinking it is a VBios update that is needed but MOST of the links I am finding are dead or no longer supported.

Granted the Asus I bought is a year and some old but I figured there would be some sore of support still.

n1njam005e

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

The problem with that is I can't revert back to previous drivers to try and and now my resolution on the laptop is garbage and can't even detect the 5870 as a video card now therefore I don't think I could get and ATI driver update if "Apparently" I no longer have a ATI video card

nenad834

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011

This is correct. My brother had the same issue with his Asus g73 and he searched for a vbios update and that solved the problem.

Sorry but I don't have the link...