Solved! Asus FX505DY turns on with black screen and high rpm fans.

Jun 7, 2022
Before this issue, I had updated my AMD display from windows update settings. After restart, the monitor will stay black after booting up and fans would go crazy speed. External keyboard won't work too.

So far I've tried:
  1. Cleaned the laptop
  2. Connecting to external monitor.
  3. Check my RAM.
  4. Did the whole pressing off button (and removed battery) and graphics reset with Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B.
  5. Disconnect LCD from monitor to force laptop to display on external monitor.

Nothing worked. Only thing I could think of is fried motherboard? Any help would be appreciated.

And if it is the motherboard, would it be better to fix it or buy a new laptop?

Solution
Yeap, tried different power source and resetting the BIOS, no luck :,)
The only thing I can think of is the CPU or motherboard then, unfortunately...Sorry. I'd suggest trying it with another CPU of the same generation, but you probably don't have one. Sometimes, motherboards sort themselves out after a while. It's weird but I've seen it around, on this site as well. To be sure, I think you should check every part. Meaning take them out and try the laptop each time you put a part back in. But the fact that it isn't even beeping without the RAM means that either it has no speaker or it lost the capability to get up to the RAM, meaning it's fried, so that might be pointless.

mrmike16

Honorable
Yeap, tried different power source and resetting the BIOS, no luck :,)
The only thing I can think of is the CPU or motherboard then, unfortunately...Sorry. I'd suggest trying it with another CPU of the same generation, but you probably don't have one. Sometimes, motherboards sort themselves out after a while. It's weird but I've seen it around, on this site as well. To be sure, I think you should check every part. Meaning take them out and try the laptop each time you put a part back in. But the fact that it isn't even beeping without the RAM means that either it has no speaker or it lost the capability to get up to the RAM, meaning it's fried, so that might be pointless.

Reactions: huskyototo
Solution
Jun 7, 2022
Don't have the correct tools to dig in either, so it's a lost :,) Thank you though for the help, appreciate it.