BB Storm 3 Packs Highest BB Screen Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmashwin

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2007
Nothing great or unique.. Just arranging and upgrading a few things.. batt life cud be short.. graphics may be acceptable.. but not great.. and it looks a lot like htc devices.. in my humble opinion, cellphones shud restart making joysticks.. They are easy intuitive and fun while gaming.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Enough with the spammers! Ugh!

OK 5 MP camera? Joke! Needs at least 8 MP. 720p? No, it has to be 1080p. 3G? I'm not impressed by 3G anymore. Get on 4G Is this a dual core processor? Also, screen size needs to be that of the DROID X at least. I'm not buying this phone. Sorry. I'm getting a Honeycomb (Android 3.0) phone anyway when it's available.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Enough with the spammers! Ugh!OK 5 MP camera? Joke! Needs at least 8 MP. 720p? No, it has to be 1080p. 3G? I'm not impressed by 3G anymore. Get on 4G Is this a dual core processor? Also, screen size needs to be that of the DROID X at least. I'm not buying this phone. Sorry. I'm getting a Honeycomb (Android 3.0) phone anyway when it's available.[/citation]

...and that's why when it comes to girls you probably haven't "found the right one" yet, just sayin.

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Enough with the spammers! Ugh!OK 5 MP camera? Joke! Needs at least 8 MP. 720p? No, it has to be 1080p. 3G? I'm not impressed by 3G anymore. Get on 4G Is this a dual core processor? Also, screen size needs to be that of the DROID X at least. I'm not buying this phone. Sorry. I'm getting a Honeycomb (Android 3.0) phone anyway when it's available.[/citation]
more, mooore, MORE!!!

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]rimsucks[/nom]Another example of RIM playing catch-up.[/citation]
To true. Had the original Storm....so now I have a Droid Incredible (that phone that WORKS...POS BB storm)

This is the first phone I have seen from BlackBerry that is not a year out of data at launch. It is also interesting to see that it will not be a Verizon (CDMA) phone as the last 2 storms were Verizon exclusive

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
ditch the clickable touchscreen and sort out the app store ie port half apple and adroid stores and your sorted. Hopefully it will feature their OS from the playbook since its been touted up so much.

Compulsive1

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2009
My wife has an LG Windows 7 phone and had barely any usage on her 200MB plan until last week when all of a sudden every night at 1:11 am the phone started sending 120 to 150 MB of data over 3G- even though the phone was at home on wi-fi network. There is something else going on.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]Compulsive1[/nom]My wife has an LG Windows 7 phone and had barely any usage on her 200MB plan until last week when all of a sudden every night at 1:11 am the phone started sending 120 to 150 MB of data over 3G- even though the phone was at home on wi-fi network. There is something else going on.[/citation]
You might want to post this comment in a place where it has any kind of relevance at all.

eekitsericc

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010

Not every phone has to be the latest and greatest to be successful. Plus, I thought Honeycomb was for tablets anyway.

nsmetana

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
JOSHSKORN: "OK 5 MP camera? Joke! Needs at least 8 MP. 720p? No, it has to be 1080p. 3G? I'm not impressed by 3G anymore. Get on 4G Is this a dual core processor? Also, screen size needs to be that of the DROID X at least. I'm not buying this phone. Sorry. I'm getting a Honeycomb (Android 3.0) phone anyway when it's available."

5MP v 8MP? Who cares, buy a camera.
720p v 1080p? Who cares, buy a camcorder
3G v 4G? 4G is barely available yet, and certainly wont be widespread by the end of the year.
Screen size of the Droid X? I hate that size of a screen! Much too large.
Android 3.0? Only for tablets bro, stay hot.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Late Q3 this year...You realize by then that we'll have dual core Cortex A9 phones at this clock speed or higher. If this is true, it will be MORE behind in the processor from than the Torch 1, not less.

Cache

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
The biggest hurdle RIM will face is it's own software. It is sluggish, and very boxed in. If you want applications through just about anyone it's got to be for the iPhone or Android. No one makes exclusive content for the Blackberry--and the moment no one takes notice of your product, no one cares what it is that you do. (This, despite Blackberry trying to say its' apps are 'super apps'--a laughable notion in and of itself.)

My bet is that in 5 years Blackberry will be regarded in the smartphone community as pagers are to anyone else. Single-application units with little else to recommend in them.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I have a BB Storm 2 and love it. The clickable screen was fixed from the original. I actually like the tactile feedback (it just takes a while to get used to)

RIMs biggest downfall is it has a horrible app storm. Fix that and they'll be back in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.