Beatles Sell 2,000,000 iTunes in a Week

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkfloydminnesota

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
why music copyrights should last more than ten years is beyond me. it's not in the public interest: the potential profits ten years in the future, hell two years in the future, in no way impacts the decision to create, publish or sell music today.

free_radical

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
The question should be - why people still buy digital music, period? I haven't paid for music since many moons ago (before broadband was readily available) and I am not about to anytime in the near future. Both CDs and (especially) digital music are grossly overpriced. The costs of physical media and its distribution are at an all time low and completely non-existent for digital media, yet the prices are higher than what they were 10 years ago. 10c/song or some inexpensive unlimited monthly subscription is something I might consider.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
You mean to tell me in the last 40 years of being able to convert your bug tunes, you haven't? i've never been a real big fan, but according to some people I know, Mark David Chapman was the best thing that ever happened to the beatles...not my thought. My thought would be Elvis ate too many peanut butter and banana sandwiches and crapped out on the crapper! On a lighter note congrats to Mr. Jobs for lubing the deal and extracting more money from those who apparently don't need it.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
I'm sure John Lennon is thrilled to be looking down and watching corporate pigs getting rich off of his music. It's disgusting to see the surviving band members whore out his music like they do, it's not like they were behind any of the talent.

PLATTERMAN

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
You can go the other way too with MP3's and put them on a CD or DVD and have many songs on them and play them on players that support the format and play many hrs of music without changing a disc. I however prefer full CD sound on my home audio system.

jfem

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Recently bought the red album as soon as I learned that it's already available in the stores, was out of stock for a very long time.

He is on a short holiday ... as will anyone else be who choses either to abuse other users or use poor choice of language.

Thanks.

:)

P.S. Cheers for reporting the spam guys ... we are nuking it as quick as it arrives ... permabanning the offenders and IP's where possible.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]theshonen8899[/nom]Why people continue to use iTunes and their horrible DRM versus Amazon MP3 is far beyond the scope of my knowledge.[/citation]

There is no DRM on music anymore...

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]The Beatles are one of the top musical acts ever in the world. Anyone who plays or actually understands music would know this. People into that 150 bpm techno bullshit, swearing rappers with a story to tell about their so-called gang life, or moody alternative groups who claim they're in it for the music and not the money just don't get it.In 40 years from now The Beatles will still be talked about and still selling records (along with Zeppelin, Stones, Clapton, Hendrix and many others). All the shit you are listening to now will be long forgotten and very few artists from today will be remembered as having contributed anything to the musical world worth hanging on to.[/citation]

Both my 14-year-old and 11-year-old daughters love the Beatles. In fact, it's made them dump the Jo-Bros for the Beatles. Even after a year of having purchased all the remastered CDs, both daughters still continue to listen to the Beatles. It's SO scary that my 14-year-old daughter remembers when they were born and when George and John passed away and she's ready to say a prayer for them.

The Beatles have influenced many a generation with their music. And they are still bringing in new fans.

My oldest daughter and I went to go see Ringo Starr this past summer and she was scared that she would be the only teenager there. It was absolutely amazing to see how many parents (and sometimes grandparents) brought their sons and daughters, many of them younger than my daughter.

That says a lot about the staying power of the Beatles and their music. Their music will never stop being popular with people.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
A little ironic that Beatles original label is Apple Records and now many years later the Beatles are doing well with Apple Computers!!! What are the chances?!? Either way Beatles were and are a great band that still influence music artists today. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.