Belkin Cans FlyWire Wireless HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

flinxsl

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
HDMI standard is 3.4 Gb/s. There is no wonder it has to be so expensive to fit into any sort of reasonable bandwidth. I don't see this ever being economical to manufacture.

flinxsl

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
[citation][nom]1BadMF[/nom]Just think how fast our world technology would advance if money wasn't a factor.[/citation]

look no farther than the military

nerdherd

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Sure, wireless HDMI for $1500 is crazy. But there are other much more affordable solutions out there. Brite-view makes one that's about $400. Granted, that's still more than I would pay for it, but it's certainly better than $1500.

fwupow

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
For reasons beyond human comprehension, Belkin can't manufacture so much as a bag tie for less than $175.00.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Wireless is nice, maybe if you're in a public area with a laptop and want to watch a decent deffinition movie.

Other than that, I prefer to avoid wireless because of interference and generally less reliability than wired.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
doesn't sony have "wireless tvs"? where the tv just has the screen in it and just a power connector, then all the inputs are in a separate box that then wirelessly transmits the picture to the tv? I think this is a great idea, cause they could build the box into one of their av receivers and you wouldn't have any inputs wasted on the tv, everything would go thru the receiver. having said all this, sony is certainly not afraid to introduce expensive products, as such, this wireless tv IS at least 1k to 2k more expensive than its normal counterpart.

rocket_sauce

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004
I dont see why it got so far as being "cancelled". There are plenty of rich suckers/morons out there that would love this and would pay that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.