Ben Heck Creates a Minority Report Xbox Controller Glove

Status
Not open for further replies.

beruli

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
Me want.

Companies like Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo should be taking note of this. Either that, give the man bucket loads of money to really see what he can do.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
While I imagine the glove offers a degree or several better accuracy, IMO it has the same problem that Kinect has, which is that baseball players hold a bat when they swing, the QB throws a ball, a shooter holds a gun. The problem I have always found with the Kinect, more so than the Wii or PS Move, is that you have to fake holding something to mimic an action in game. Kinect is great for menu navigation, or manipulating an interface, as in the Minority Report, but for gaming it just doesn't feel right. So, congratulations to Mr. Heck. That is a legitimately awesome thing that he was able to make that power glove. He may even have luck in finding a market for it out there. But please, please, don't try to role this into a gaming system. It's just not necessary.

MMXMonster

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]DRosencraft[/nom]The problem I have always found with the Kinect, more so than the Wii or PS Move, is that you have to fake holding something to mimic an action in game.[/citation]

I'd rather fake holding a club or racquet than be holding something that may become a projectile in small hands that will fly at my HD screen. LOL

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
With Kinect v2 coming out next year an annoying glove with cables dangling everywhere will be unnecessary. Tho I can def commend Ben's creativity!

G

Behold the nintendo power glove! ....oh wait....

Im sure it will suck just like the power glove lol.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]MMXMonster[/nom]I'd rather fake holding a club or racquet than be holding something that may become a projectile in small hands that will fly at my HD screen. LOL[/citation]
its only a projectial if you are stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.