Bendy Bike Wraps Around Poles for Safe Keeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

dokiardo

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
This is going to be fail. That fame is using tension via a rope through the black portion to hold it all together. That will not be enough to hold a direct hit on the frame and keep its line. Cool idea, but poor thinking it through

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
At least the bike will survive perpendicular car accidents better than the actual cyclist will.

1 gear model shown in the pics. Now if they can make an 18 or 21 speed shimano version.....yes!

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]dokiardo[/nom]This is going to be fail. That fame is using tension via a rope through the black portion to hold it all together. That will not be enough to hold a direct hit on the frame and keep its line. Cool idea, but poor thinking it through[/citation]How are you so sure about that? You haven't even seen it in person. It's probably a nice gauge steel cable with a ratchet. Something tells me he thought this through. Why would he chance his own safety?

Alatheia00

Distinguished
May 8, 2010
What a douche, Kevin is in desperate need of a girlfriend.
If that bike was left around London people would just destroy it, let alone steal bits of it.

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
So this achieves the same thing that carrying two small u-locks to lock each tire to the frame would do AND it takes up the space that two bikes could occupy otherwise? An entertaining design but not a practical.

Plus I don't know that I would trust the tension cable. If I was looking for space saving I'd probably go with a locking hinged foldable design. And with the foldable design you could run a lock chain through both wheels and the frame on one side of the pole leaving the other side of the pole open for a second bike or even possibly leaving enough space for 3 folded bikes to be locked up to the pole without locking up each other's bikes.

G

Yup, all you nay sayers, lets see what you have all come up with! go on get your ideas up here on Toms.. uh thought so, you dont have any..

At least its better than all the bloody design over function tripe with gravitational cars and epic fail suitcases! He has a clever idea and a working prototype! Eat that funky monkey design houses..Britain is a powerhouse of ideas right now!

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
[citation][nom]moricon[/nom]Yup, all you nay sayers, lets see what you have all come up with! go on get your ideas up here on Toms.. uh thought so, you dont have any..At least its better than all the bloody design over function tripe with gravitational cars and epic fail suitcases! He has a clever idea and a working prototype! Eat that funky monkey design houses..Britain is a powerhouse of ideas right now![/citation]

You give Britons a bad name with that attitude.

dokiardo

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]How are you so sure about that? You haven't even seen it in person. It's probably a nice gauge steel cable with a ratchet. Something tells me he thought this through. Why would he chance his own safety?[/citation]
Look at it. It isnt hard to tell how it works. The fram looks like one of those old jump ropes with the plastic dongels over the whole thing. Just pull the rope in the middle and tighten it, and bam all the plastic things will line up. But the problem is rigidity. If you look under his seat, he has a lever that he uses to tighten the line inside of the fram, or losen it. This allows it to bend around the pole when he releases the tension. I dont understand why I got knocked down for posting an obvious flaw in the bike.

broketechjunkie

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]How are you so sure about that? You haven't even seen it in person. It's probably a nice gauge steel cable with a ratchet. Something tells me he thought this through. Why would he chance his own safety?[/citation]
This is the internet. Everyone is an expert on everything.

G

you can buy locking skewers and seat clamps that cost less than an entirely new frame. A frame which will not be structurally as strong as a traditional bicycle frame. not to mention the extra moving parts prove to wear or failure. a novel idea, but cheaper solutions already exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.