Best £200 40 inch TV? (uk)

Zamblot

Commendable
Apr 7, 2016
Hello everyone,
I recently got a sharp 32 inch tv for my birthday and it had some brightness faults and after sending it back and getting a new one it seemed to do the exact same thing, If anyone is wondering it goes insanely bright and turning down the brightness only works on channels I'm watching not on youtube, also when I turn it down though the screen gets darker it doesn't seem to make the room illuminate much less... as far as I know I can't tune down the backlighting and it isn't really the tv for me. My parents recognised this issue and are going to send it back allowing me to chose the next one, this one was chosen by them and it was bought from Tescos for about £200 but at 32 inches it was kinda small and hard to see across the room and ofc overly bright. So I now have the chance to choose what tv to get and I can't seem to find many good deals online, most of the stuff I own is used including my monitor keyboard and even my headset xD so I'm more than happy getting it used... problem is most tvs used are collection only from the other side of the country and I live in Surrey. Can someone help me find a deal on a nice £200 40-43 inch tv? On Amazon prime day I found a great deal on some Telefunken but my parents had already got the tv so it was no deal + I cant really wait till black Friday since they will expect me to choose soon. So does anyone have any suggestions? Know any good tv sites or knows where to find a deal... if its collection I probably can't do it out of Surrey. Also, I am cheap and don't really like buying accessories and love the smart tv function as its built into the same remote, though a smart tv feature isn't required it would be very nice. Thank you :D

Solution
£200 for 40"+ is gonna be tricky, even impossible if you are after a 'half decent' smart TV. If your parents could stretch to £300, then it may be possible. TV's are very cheap now for what you get, but your budget would need to be slightly bigger to get exactly what you want. Take a look at this Toshiba from appliances direct. It is not a smart TV, but is a good unit with Freeview HD, and 3 HDMI ports. Toshiba are a very reputable company, i have had lots of Toshiba products before, and enjoyed great longevity! : http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/40l1653db/toshiba-40l1653db

In all honesty, I really would try to stretch the budget, not only for size of screen, but also manufacturer! Could you do something for money to bump up your...
£200 for 40"+ is gonna be tricky, even impossible if you are after a 'half decent' smart TV. If your parents could stretch to £300, then it may be possible. TV's are very cheap now for what you get, but your budget would need to be slightly bigger to get exactly what you want. Take a look at this Toshiba from appliances direct. It is not a smart TV, but is a good unit with Freeview HD, and 3 HDMI ports. Toshiba are a very reputable company, i have had lots of Toshiba products before, and enjoyed great longevity! : http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/40l1653db/toshiba-40l1653db

In all honesty, I really would try to stretch the budget, not only for size of screen, but also manufacturer! Could you do something for money to bump up your price remit? I say this as when you start to step over the £300 mark and up to £400, the choice increases 10 fold!

I live in Surrey too, so get back to me and i will do my best to help you out.

K.

Solution