Best 32 inch tv for xbox playing

ragontx

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
Any of you can recommend a 1080p 32 inch tv for playing on the xbox1/watching movies out of my computer. No, don't need more than 32 inches because it will sit on my desk about 2 to 3 feet away from me anything bigger would be ridiculous big lol .. Any of you own a 32 inch that can recommend under this setup?? Don't want referrals about other sites recommendations ...I want some personal recommendations because you own a 32 inch tv for xbox1 . If possible.

Solution
Well, you have to factor in how long you'll have it for. You'll be much more happy with the 40" model rather than the 32". You pay $50 more than their 32" model, might be worth to consider, because usually people don't buy new TV's that often.

(Use their size buttons): http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E43-C2-43-Inch-1080p-Smart/dp/B00SMBFP2W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1449239707&sr=8-3&keywords=vizio+42%22

Alternative for IPS would be: http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-32LF5600-32-Inch-1080p/dp/B00TRQPYFY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1449240657&sr=8-3&keywords=LG+32%22

It's best to buy a new TV around September-October, which is when they'll be the cheapest. Christmas for some, but best deals can be found usually within those two months...

ragontx

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
I think I might go with that one. But If I wait for spring maybe I can get more $$$ and discounts since the 2016 are coming. I love my Sony KDL50W700B tv in the living room for gaming. It has a gaming mode and with some tweeks I can say it has almost no lag or no lag at all but moving the xbox away from the family room to my mini man's cave lol and space in an issue I cant have anything over 42 inches there 32 would be ideal since i'm going to be very close to it (about 2 to 3 feet). Any more recommendations?

Well, you have to factor in how long you'll have it for. You'll be much more happy with the 40" model rather than the 32". You pay $50 more than their 32" model, might be worth to consider, because usually people don't buy new TV's that often.

(Use their size buttons): http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E43-C2-43-Inch-1080p-Smart/dp/B00SMBFP2W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1449239707&sr=8-3&keywords=vizio+42%22

Alternative for IPS would be: http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-32LF5600-32-Inch-1080p/dp/B00TRQPYFY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1449240657&sr=8-3&keywords=LG+32%22

It's best to buy a new TV around September-October, which is when they'll be the cheapest. Christmas for some, but best deals can be found usually within those two months.

Sony TV's, typically have low input lag, these two Vizio's are on par, if not slightly faster, but good luck trying to feel the difference. Around the 30 ms range is fantastic for gaming, typically TV's had/have 3-4 frames more of input lag, meaning upwards of 80 to 90 ms, which you can definitely feel, even when gaming with a controller.

Bottomline, I advise you increase your budget a bit, to try to afford that 40", rather than the 32", the upgrade isn't expensive, no more than $50. Unless you feel like it'll be too big for your specific viewing distance.

Note: the Vizio's I linked are using VA-LCD's. This means that the contrast is excellent, but viewing angles suffer a little bit, though compared to typical IPS, from LG, VA creates a much better picture for movies & games. The Vizio 43" and 55" use IPS-LCD's.

All the best!

Solution

ragontx

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
As I understood by reading some other sites some tv's have game modes to disable some processes that the tv does in order to give good quality real life like images and thus giving better playability when those things are off. I can tell you that on my sony i play on normal mode vs the game mode ..it does make a difference especially in ghosting ..and in lag there is a less than a half second when i play and in gaming mode the lag is virtually non existent like playing on a 50 inch monitor i don't know if that what sony intended since the tv has an option to connect to the ps network like the ps3 and ps4 but i don't use that option since i'm on an xbox. And the box the tv came on had a spiderman on it with the ps3 logo ..it was advertised as a tv for gaming so far no complaints. I'm just afraid other brands will not have the smooth play i have while playing fps games .. lol ..i know the bravia i use dont have great viewing angles form the side but in front they look great ...

Yes, I understand what you mean. Those can be disabled without game mode, but to answer your question, both TV's I listed have game mode in the menu. You're definitely talking about interpolation, or some image enhancements. I know what you mean, and some TV's even don't let you turn off all the processing, I know a model from Philips doesn't. I helped you find 2 TV's that have low input lag, both in the 30 ms. TV's real specs are very difficult to find, because manufacturers don't list any of those that matters. Your living room's Bravia should look pretty similar, as the Vizio is using a VA-LCD as well. You'll be happy with the purchase.

If you have any more concerns regarding your puchase decision, just ask.

All the best!

ragontx

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
ty ..you helped a bunch ...going vizio then ..just to clarify for other readers that have the same dilemma, I had to play with the settings numerous times on the sony even on gaming mode to get the best looking graphics while having minimal input lag. One last question , how do sites that review tv for lag do it?? is there a standardized test or they just make their own ?? I'm asking because they all rave about the samsung tv's and some of them give sony bad ratings ..but for me my bravia is perfect ..but you do have to play with the settings. ty for all the help c yas later.