best ~70$ detachable cable headphones

hoopdidou44

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Hi I'm looking for some headphones, at about 60-70$, and i have some outlines.

First I need over ear headphones, ones that are quite comfortable hopefully.

Second I would like stereo, closed back design, because I will be listening with lots of noise around me

I will be using these mostly with my phone, to listen to music, but also play video games with. Priority here is music, I'm not looking for gaming headphones

I also need a detachable cable, this is the only thing stopping me from getting the audio technica ath m30x but I NEED a detachable cable for I am going to go a lot of places with my headphones, and im also pretty hard on my headphones, so I would Luke some pretty well constructed cans as well

Also if it matters I will be listening to mostly electro and bass music, but also some funky upbeat midrange stuff as well

I have been looking at sennheiser HD 439

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005N8W1TM?pc_redir=1407350998&robot_redir=1

and 449s

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005N8W214?pc_redir=1407539730&robot_redir=1

I would rather pay less and get the 439s but if the 449s are vastly superior and only 10$ more i would get those. Anyway, anyone who has had experience with these headphones that would really be appreciated

Thanks alot

i have a pair of m50s which were constantly in a bag i took to work and back (i used them every day) and not having a detacheable cord was really not such a big deal. as long as you wrap the cable up and put them in the storage bag having a non removeable cable really isnt going to contribute to wear and tear.

if you could stretch to $99 you could find a pair of m50s on ebay, open box but brand new. they really are built pretty hefty and except my pads which are now starting to wear, they look practically brand new. i always coil the cord up and put them back in the bag when done. my cord or the connection on the cord ends are not worn at all (is a very thick cord and they are rather well constructed). they are also quite good for electronica (i listen to lots of dubstep and electronica in addition to normal genres). a small soundstage, but all closed headphones are typically this way. there is also quite a big step up in build quality betweenthe m30 and m50. i gifted some m30s to my brother for xmas and while they have good sound quality... are most certainly not as nice as the m50s.

however, on its own and not comparing it to the m50 the m30 is a decent set of cans with the same sort of build quality the m50 is known for. it has a nice thick and long cable and pretty decent warm sound. the earcups are not for those with large sized ears (just as the m50s arent) and are not all that deep (the m50s are a bit deeper) but for the price they are good. there may be better sounding headphones for $50 or so but if you like closed headphones and warm sound with decent bass then these may be for you.

just thought i would comment that you can get good travel life with a non-removeable corded headphone, and mention what i thought about the m30.

hoopdidou44

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Thanks for the quick answer but the m50s just won't work, first of all, its not like its out of my budget, but I don't want to spend that much, I just don't have enough reasons to justify paying upwards of another 50$ for some better headphones, because I flat out don't need them.

Also like I said, I need a detachable cable, the reason is, every single pair of headphones that I've owned, have broken in the cable.
Granted, they weren't the best headphones, but I don't want the same thing to happen to these either.

Another thing, the m30s have an 3m long cable (im assuming its the same for the m50s, ) which maybe great for a studio, is terrible for use with a phone walking around (where ill use them most).