Best active digitizer hybrid

Akumahai

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
I was psyched for dells new xps 11, until I got mine delivered. For months I heard it would come with an active digitizer. I only realized after failing to get any response from a gifted stylus, that the dell website claims it is only capacitive touch.

From what I can tell, there is not way to get the precision or even pressure sensitivity from any of the fancy 60 - $100 stylus, so I guess this is a deal breaker for me.
- If anyone can prove this wrong, you are a lifesaver.

I intend to return the xps 11, and instead pick up a hybrid notebook/tablet that DOES contain a decent digitizer. Any thoughts?

My budget is going to be around $1300. My main concerns are really just the resolution, and the stylus working well. An attached keyboard is preferred, although I would consider otherwise. A haswell is a plus, especially an i5. I haven't seen any yet, but I would not outright reject an amd if brought up. Battery life would be nice, and I would expect 5-6 hours minimum. Weight and size aren't important, although smaller would be preferable (12-13).

Ultimately, the xps11 would have been perfect if only they had followed up and done the digitizer as the initially hinted at.

Now, I am looking at the sony flip. Has anyone played with this? Is there anything better at a similar price?

Thank you.

Solution
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/yoga-series/yoga/

Thinkpad yoga has an active digitalizer. And lenovo is a really solid company. Other than that I dont have a lot of experience with active digitizers.

armapker

Distinguished
May 19, 2012
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/yoga-series/yoga/

Thinkpad yoga has an active digitalizer. And lenovo is a really solid company. Other than that I dont have a lot of experience with active digitizers.

Solution

Akumahai

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013

Huh. I thought I checked into that one already, and dismissed it for lack of a digitizer as well. Thanks for getting me to take a second look.

If you live in the US, then you can go to Bestbuy, they carry the Sony Flip in the store. I only played with it for a few minutes, but only in laptop mode because I was curious how text on a 13.3" 1920x1080 resolution screen would look like.

Dannynutdude2

Estimable
Feb 13, 2014

I recommend a Surface Pro 2 256GB variant it is under $1300.