Best affordable 4k Tv for Pc gaming What should i get ? Budget =$2k

williamseattle

Estimable
Dec 16, 2014
Hey what Kind of 4k HDTV can i get for $2000 that plays 4K Resolution on PC games? Current video card is Radeon R9 380 4 gig ATM Will Look Towards a Nvidia GTX 1070 or a 1080 Video Card Any thoughts or Help Will be Great Thanks !!!

Chugalug_

Estimable

4k isn't a very viable option for PC gaming at the moment with single card setups, although the GTX 1080 comes awfully close.
You're better off getting a 1440p 144/165hz monitor with G-Sync and an IPS panel, gives a much better overall experience compared to 4k. If you're willing to wait, wait until later this year when the 1080ti releases, and you'll have yourself a single 60fps 4k card.
If you want to invest around $2000 into a TV, I highly recommend saving a bit more and OLED High Dynamic Range display. They look absolutely gorgeous, and are probably the best thing on the market right now.
Again, wait until next year to make the jump to 4k if that is your direction, because 1. The 1080ti will be out and 2. OLED will be cheaper.

Chugalug_

Estimable

They are 27", great size imo.
Here is the link: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ttnG3C/acer-monitor-xb271hubmiprz
Click on any of the stores for their marketing material and specs, the official product page seems to be down at the moment.
27" is as big as they come in monitors at the moment unless you're going for a high density 4k or 5k monitor which can use 30" screens sometimes.
I think 24" is best if you want to see everything all at once, and 27" is optimal if you want something a little bigger.
Any larger and it gets hard to keep track of everything at the distance a regular desktop user sits.