Best Antivirus App for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
@davidjames -- I can't tell you which is "best" but we do have free AV for Android if you'd like to give it a try.

The truth is that we've seen numerous Android threats, and they are growing. Everything from fake apps that download malware payloads, to banking trojans, and more recently cryptocurrency miners that operate without your permission (cryptojackers.) Some of these are quite nefarious and even imitate legitimate prompts to try to trick you into entering your credentials or giving admin access to your device.

This is a really good example of how deep these threats can go, and in this case the apps actually passed through Google Play before they were found and removed. They were "droppers," fake apps that were not malicious...

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017
@davidjames -- I can't tell you which is "best" but we do have free AV for Android if you'd like to give it a try.

The truth is that we've seen numerous Android threats, and they are growing. Everything from fake apps that download malware payloads, to banking trojans, and more recently cryptocurrency miners that operate without your permission (cryptojackers.) Some of these are quite nefarious and even imitate legitimate prompts to try to trick you into entering your credentials or giving admin access to your device.

This is a really good example of how deep these threats can go, and in this case the apps actually passed through Google Play before they were found and removed. They were "droppers," fake apps that were not malicious themselves, but served up a malicious payload after running. https://blog.avast.com/downloaders-on-google-play-spreading-malware-to-steal-facebook-login-details

That's just one example of an Android threat though, we have several more that our threat labs have blogged about!

I hope this helps as you're continuing your research.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.