Best Budget Pc Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_taylor97

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
I'm looking to get some speakers for my pc but don't really want to spend a lot. I don't know much about speakers so what I would buy will most likely be bias towards something that looks nice instead of something with better sound. Can someone with better knowledge of speakers please give me some advise of what speakers to get. I will most likely go for a 2.1 setup as I think 5.1 will be more than what i want to spend but if you could find a good quality 5.1 setup for a good price then please suggest those to me aswell. Although i should care more about sound quality than appearance i would like the to be black and blue or black speakers if possible to fit in with the colourscheme that i have with my other peripherals and my pc.
Thanks

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
I'm going to go with there are none. Try to avoid the REALLY cheap. But otherwise get whatever 2.1 setup looks good to you. They will all most likely have similar/same speakers so it makes very little difference. You need to spend bucks to get higher end stuff.

rvilkman

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
What kind of a budget are we looking at ?

As a general note, while speakers are nice, most often a good headset works better than speakers. But overall in the $30-50 range you can pretty much pick any set and it will provide you with passable sound.

And yeah if you want to get something good you are looking at about $100 minimum or so for a pair of speakers and then another $200 or so for an amp. And possibly ~$100 for a subwoofer. Then you can get great sound from speakers. But then for that you can set up a whole entertainment center by adding just a few things... :)

tom_taylor97

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
I was looking to spend about £40-£50 for some speakers and I already have some tritton ax180's as my headset that i think are good enough so i was looking to get some speakers so that I don't have to use the built in monitor speakers cause i don't like wearing a headset all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.