Best Buy CEO Resigned Over Personal Misconduct Probe

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathos

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
Lol, having worked for Best Buy back in the late 90s I'm not surprised at any kind of misconduct allegations. Especially with corporate or Management people. Consider the fact that it was known that one of the store managers at the store where I worked in Michigan was banging at least one of the female employee's. Note that this guy has since moved up the corporate ladder, and I doubt that behavior has changed.

@jguyz I've noticed that for a long time too. And no one will think about how convenient it was to have brick and mortar stores till they're all gone, and you have to wait 3-5 days for something as vital or simple as a keyboard or mouse, or better yet, a monitor. Newegg's warehouses are mostly automated with very few actual workers. And Amazon is mostly just a front end site for other small retailers or etailers who don't want to have to maintain and advertise their own websites, if you pay attention when you order, you notice that most things don't actually come from Amazon.

Now as far as Best Buy and brick and mortar stores go.... I work at Wal-Mart.... I'm a certified tech, and technology nut, I try and keep as up to date as possible. You know where they put me when they hired me?? Lawn and Garden.... Fortunately for me, I'd spent a summer when I was younger helping a step father part out and scrap busted lawnmowers and weed eaters, and repairing the ones that were fixable. But you know what I'm getting at here... Rarely do these stores ever place people where they could have the most expertise. Nor do they pay anywhere near what would be needed to attract those who do know what they're doing. Best Buy didn't pay commission when I was there, though to be fair, they were paying well above minimum wage at the time too, think back then, in 98 it was 5.15 and I started at 7.50. Course back then the only etailers worth mentioning were Aberdeen or Tiger, for computer or electronics stuff..

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
[citation][nom]seels[/nom]...Geek Squad is a complete joke considering they're all morons and they charge as much as it would be to buy a new computer just to fix your broken one. They prey on the computer illiterate...[/citation]Kind of harsh to call every single one of them morons. I worked for Geek Squad for a bit and I was super upfront with people. This one guy came in with this old ass computer that should've just been taking out back and shot. He wanted all these different services, etc. and it came out to be more than the cost of a new computer. Explained this to him and the economics of it but he wasn't having any of it. He'd done his research and felt all proud with his knowledge. I did my part by being upfront. What was I supposed to do, not sell him what he wanted?

Prey on the computer illiterate? Not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.