Best Buy No Longer Carrying BlackBerry PlayBook Tablets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
severely limited in the Enterprise market which is where blackberry has shined before, email use requiring a blackberry phone automatically rules out any professional that doesn't have or want a blackberry phone. This was a very sad intentional limitation on these devices that has further pushed blackberry out of the market.

If they allowed use of Android app's like they promised then most of the issues with the playbook would be resolved, and at $199 it would be a steal.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Sorry, RIM...

But when even a 42-days-to-live HP tablet has you beat in terms of both out-of-box (i.e. includes an e-mail client and calendar) and modded (Ubuntu 11.04 in WebOS and Android out) functionality... you need to cut your losses and move on.

I mean- I just can't justify buying this, or rolling it out in an enterprise situation without these things.
For now it's just a toy- an expensive black square.

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Still don't get why companies are going out of there way to produce Tablets ... too big to really be a great mobile device, too small to be a good home device, missing a ton of features that a laptop or desktop computer can do soooo.

The most intelligent move Apple ever made was to dupe all the copy-cat companies into thinking that touch screen tablets are going to be the "next wave of the future". They're spending all their R&D cash on a product that has already fallen flat ... leaving Apple to clean up in the iPhone market. Yes Apple can get market wrong ... and all these "rush to market" copy-cats will have it wrong too ... but like I said, Apple's move of genius was to get all these companies to divert resources from the real market, which is Mobile smart phones -- which is growing still -- doubling every year.

iPad2 sales are flat ... no real growth since June 2011 -- sure Apple sold 25 million of them total (includes iPad and iPad2) but when you are talking about over 1 billion computing devices, tablets are no more than a blip on the radar. People are curious, but that's about it.

Anyway, not surprised Manufacturers didn't produce huge quantities, maybe they saw the iPad sales numbers also and could see the downward trend and decide to reduce quantities and save money. Smarter to be very cautious in the Tablet market.

serkol

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
I would say it's a not-so-expensive (for $200) black square with a very good IPS screen, loud speakers, 2 cameras, decent graphics and dual-core CPU, 1GB of RAM, blue-tooth, GPS, HDMI. I bought one for $200. I also have an iPad. iPad is better, of course, but it's 2.5 times more expensive, and bulky. My kids love iPad, but they also love PB. I've bought a few good educational apps and games for them. PB also have flash, so I can open the site that I use to trade stocks. I don't get people who say that it's not worth $200. I think that it's much better than Amazon Fire for the same price. I can read any ebook I want on Playbook, and it has twice the features.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
RIMS should just packed it up. Blackberries are dead in the water and so is this "DeadBook". RIMS simply don't have any significant USP anymore. Corporate world is now all about iPhone and Ipads (all the directors in my compay only wants this), while Android has make a mark in the consumer market (leading even) in the mobile phone, while their tablet platform is slowly growing, estimate can catch up to Apple in 2 years or so (just like their mobile phone platform). Where does this leaves RIM?? And now, even MS joining the party and MS can leverage on their windows server OS and MS OFFICE to gain some foothold in the corporate world. RIMS has .....nothing.

G

GPS ? NO way. at less it work some time but when you need ? No way.
for Kid ? of course ... Thought RIM is for Business users.

G

Darkavenger123, luckyducky 7...you're obviously apple fanboys and hence have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Have you even used a PBook? Have you played with it's OS? No, you're comments are baseless and reflect your ignorance. Do a little research, then your comments might actually have some merit.

G

Just get the Asus Transformer from Gamestop. They have the 16Gb ver. for only $299.99 at stores (not available online).

Status
Not open for further replies.