Best Buy to Redesign Stores to Look More Like Apple Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
So instead of dying in a few years, they will die as soon as they start to do this.

Apple only makes that much money from charging some of the highest profit margins in the world. Since Best Buy's attempt to do that with cables is obviously failing, I don't see how they think this will make them survive.

Good bye Best Buy, I cheer for your death but feel sorry for the jobs that have and will be lost from it. Hope they find jobs shortly after your demise.

tacobravo

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]So instead of dying in a few years, they will die as soon as they start to do this.Apple only makes that much money from charging some of the highest profit margins in the world. Since Best Buy's attempt to do that with cables is obviously failing, I don't see how they think this will make them survive. Good bye Best Buy, I cheer for your death but feel sorry for the jobs that have and will be lost from it. Hope they find jobs shortly after your demise.[/citation]

I agree. Too bad there are a lot of dumb people in the world to blindly buy Apple products just cuz their friends got one....
If Best Buy dies, then what will I go to to see the product before I buy online?!?!

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
what would be great is that Apple totally changes their interior design for the next i-thing when everyone else just finished copying their old interior!!!! EPIC WIN !!!

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]So instead of dying in a few years, they will die as soon as they start to do this.Apple only makes that much money from charging some of the highest profit margins in the world. Since Best Buy's attempt to do that with cables is obviously failing, I don't see how they think this will make them survive. Good bye Best Buy, I cheer for your death but feel sorry for the jobs that have and will be lost from it. Hope they find jobs shortly after your demise.[/citation]

they also fill their stores with stock instead of fufilling preorder obligations.
i wont go into much detail, but only deal with them if they are the only source for your product you want.

xenomega

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012

I disagree.
Best Buy's highest profit isn't from cables. It is from Services.
From reading the article, is going to now be the heart of the store.

I have had my TV ISF calibrated from them and very happy from their work.

JamesSneed

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Apple probably has a patent for store design. Of course they will prevent Best Buy from selling in the US due to the patent on store design.

All joking aside Best Buy needs to focus on competing with newegg and amazon on price. The store front should be in a few in major cities with extremely qualified and well paid professionals. The problem they have today is they have McDonald's quality staff trying to sell product at high end restaurant prices. If they want to charge a little more, fine but give people value otherwise they will just be a pretty window people use to look at before they head over to newegg or amazon.

G

Ummm Circuit City tried this a few years ago just before they, well you know the rest! Big Box electronics retailing is fading fast because of the ridiculous cost of overhead in a box this big, and it only continues to go up. Borders Books anyone?

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Best Buy employees don't know shit about the hardware so how are they supposed to be answering question and providing customers with the horrible service they're known to offer?

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]dj1001[/nom]there gonna get sued I bet apple has patents for giant glass stairs.[/citation]

Didn't Tom's do a story saying just that? lol.

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
While the way the Apple stores are laid out, and the way they look and feel are important, the customer service is what puts them over the top. Without that, then no layout or design will help you.

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
[citation][nom]jamessneed[/nom]Apple probably has a patent for store design. Of course they will prevent Best Buy from selling in the US due to the patent on store design. All joking aside Best Buy needs to focus on competing with newegg and amazon on price. The store front should be in a few in major cities with extremely qualified and well paid professionals. The problem they have today is they have McDonald's quality staff trying to sell product at high end restaurant prices. If they want to charge a little more, fine but give people value otherwise they will just be a pretty window people use to look at before they head over to newegg or amazon.[/citation]

I have to disagree with you here. Racing to the bottom will never work for a brick and mortar. A good price, with awesome customer service will do better for them.

G

Microsoft Stores? I never heard of it till now. Can anyone inform me if it is becoming successful?

gamoniac

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2011
BestBuy still hasn't gotten the point -- it's now how the store looks. It's service, price, and display items that keep me coming to brick-and-mortar stores. Start giving us better customer service, and stop selling, say, graphic cards $100 more thn the store next door, and I would gladly continue to spend my money there.

I do try to make my purchases at local brick-and-mortar when prices are competitive enough, or when I feel like their display items helps me make decision. I would very much like to keep local stores in business.

zulutech

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]Microsoft copying Apple (again)[/citation]
Everyone forgets that the original GUI was built bye microsoft, learn the history of MITS and and the altair 8800 and BASIC before trying to troll.

saxplayingcompnerd

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
I've ALWAYS hated everything apple stood for, but I went and got the newest Macbook Pro. They came out with a kick ass laptop/ultrabook that no one came anywhere close to matching as far as hardware.

BTW I've noticed a few things with OS X, you know all the lock ups and random BS windows dishes out? Well that is non existent on OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.