Best Cellphone Monitoring Software 2015 (Archive)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfbmfb

Prominent
Feb 13, 2017
I have tested Norton Family and Qustodio on Win 10 and Android. I have also looked at the feature sets of ESET and other offers. In my opinion they all lack some key features features.

1. As a parent I want to grant my kid screen time, regardless of what device they are using. One schedule across all supported devices! Multiple schedules don't do the job for me.

2. As a parent I am interested to limit gaming time separate from browsing time and separate from working time. I might also want to grant exceptions to apps like Napster to work outside of the set schedule. A "one sizes fits all" approach does not do the job.

3. As a parent I prefer one solution for all device platforms. Support iOS but only in the US (Norton) does not do the job.

The closest match to my needs currently is MobileFence. Sadly they do not support multiple devices per kid or multiple platforms. They are also slow with implementing new features. They do a fantastic job with job #2. Payment with something else but Pay"Pal" is something they need to work on, some people are sensitive to who they pay through.

Denver Brighton

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
Thank you for the list.In my opinion Norton FP is the best.I use Norton for my mobile network and for kids protection. ESET is not a bad option for its very good price, but as mentioned by one of the threads on Customerso its database is as large as Norton's.If I needed an app I would give a try to NetNanny, but I just don't need now.

reviewreader1

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017
I think you should remove Phone Sherrif from your review. They are a complete scam. They do not make it clear that iOS users will have to Jail Break their childs phone. JailBreaking an iPhone is against Apples Terms of service and it can create security vulnerabilities... on a childs phone for that matter. This is not safe for children! To make matters worse. We accidentally ordered without realizing that the product would require such unsafe installation steps and now they refuse to refund our money. They are scam artists and unethical. Beware and use another application from a company that cares about its customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.