Best Cellphone Monitoring Software (Archive)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2018
One more problem in the essential world is spam and parents need to protect their children from it, too. I use SpamHound SMS spam filter mobile app that reliably blocks all messages with undesired content from unknown numbers. It is a great tool to avoid strangers who can messaging to your children accidentally or specially.

Apr 4, 2018
I have bought Norton Premium for the sole purpose of using Family. Installing Norton on all systems was pretty good.
However. I'm far from happy with Norton Family. As a software it looks like a quickie, unworthy of a giant like Norton. Installing is not straightforward, because it does not distinguish visually and logically between the person and the phone itself. For people who are not phone/pc savvy it will result in frustration.
The main thing though is that this app was not designed with the kids of today in mind.
Limiting your child to certain things for a specific amount of time is impossible. Instead of alloting time to certain activities, it limits time for everything except basic phone functions. I don't like to tell my kid to stop listening to her music after she used up her gaming time.
It makes much more sense to put apps in categories and put time limits to those categories, like social media, music, games, and chat. That way you can make sure your child e.g. only does one hour of gaming and social per day, an additional hour for chat and unlimited music.

Status
Not open for further replies.