Best choice of headphones ?

Oleonius

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Hi,

I live in a chamber in a appartment and since I don't want to disturb the other persons that live with me, I should invest in a pair of wireless headphones for TV. Since I live near a Futureshop and a Best Buy, which pair should I take ?

I have a budget of around 100-200$.

Thanks !

Solution
Hey, I posted that...yesterday!
Hey!
I work in the music industry.
So I would recommend Sennheiser HD800 I own and costs 1000 USD...
Otherwize, for open back headphones, there is a wide range from AKG, Sennheiser, Grado which are optimized for home use and do not cancel noise from outside. The disadvantage being the people around you also get a fair degree of spill from your headphones. They are also usually more builky and heavy, but most of them very comfortable to use.
I recommand cheaper headphones as well:
Koss porta pro (is unbelievably cheap for its audio quality and easy to transport)
AKG K142HD
AKG K702

AKG has a tendency to have less bass, Sennheiser rather a bit too much subbass... Opinions...
For Sennheiser consider HD588

Smallfilou

Estimable
Feb 25, 2014
Hey, I posted that...yesterday!
Hey!
I work in the music industry.
So I would recommend Sennheiser HD800 I own and costs 1000 USD...
Otherwize, for open back headphones, there is a wide range from AKG, Sennheiser, Grado which are optimized for home use and do not cancel noise from outside. The disadvantage being the people around you also get a fair degree of spill from your headphones. They are also usually more builky and heavy, but most of them very comfortable to use.
I recommand cheaper headphones as well:
Koss porta pro (is unbelievably cheap for its audio quality and easy to transport)
AKG K142HD
AKG K702

AKG has a tendency to have less bass, Sennheiser rather a bit too much subbass... Opinions...
For Sennheiser consider HD588

Solution