Best Closed Headphones for around 200 dollars (Powered by an amp)

LunarUmbra

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014
Hello everyone, I am here looking for a new pair of headphones that I am going to be using primarily for gaming, recording, and music.

What I need for my headphones are a closed pair as I have a very loud computer, and am rebuilding the house I am living in so there is a lot of noise, and I live next to a elementary school with tons of kids and cars going about all the time. They don't need noise cancellation, just decent noise isolation. Along with that they need to be comfortable enough to wear for long periods of time with glasses on. Those are about my only requirements.

Previous headphones I got (with help from here) were the sound magic HP-150 I believe and they were honestly pieces of garbage that broke in like 3 months. The only ideas I had were the sony mdr7506, the ath m50x, beyerdynamic dt 770 (I think the higher impedance models are cheaper), and maybe senheiser hd 598 closed. I'm not an audio expert, but I think the pair of headphones I am looking for need to be neutral, but with better emphasis on the bass.

And lastly I would like to mention I am using a harmon/kardon hk3300 as my amp to power my headphones (I got it for free working in this run down house and they make my crappy 30 dollar turtle beaches sound like a work of art lol). I don't know if the amp matters, but just thought I would mention.

Thanks for help and have a nice day

P.S. I am not choosing between the headphones mentioned here, so if you have any recommendations/ideas then please feel free to mention them. If there are a pair that are 100-250 dollars over budget mention them as well if you think they would be perfect for me.

Solution
the 250ohm dt770 is going to be a bit less bassy but have a bit more quality sound to it than the dt770 80 ohm. certainly a good choice
598c is not a bad set. not as much soundstage and a little more bassy than neutral but good if you want a more laid back sounding headphone.

the dt770 is bassy (v-shaped) and has bright detailed treble with nice clean low end bass. one of the better deals sub-200

i own a m50. i like that it folds up and is easy to power however the dt770 is going to be all around better in every other regard

mdr7506 is going to be in the same boat as the m50.

LunarUmbra

Estimable
Jul 4, 2014

Thanks for the response. I think I might be decided on the Dt 770 at around 250 ohms as my amp can handle that. Unless I can find something almost as good for cheaper, or something a lot better for a bit more then I think that's my choice. Portability isn't an issue as I don't move around with headphones a lot, and I don't think I would want to take a pair of headphones around 200 dollars out in public with me in fear of them being stolen. Plus I would have no where to really place them, or hold them as I don't carry a backpack, or anything with me.