best configuration for PC and laptop for webdesign

nvvsintelhd

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015
Hello, need to know the best configuration for PC and laptop for webdesign etc.
Is nvidia geforce 820m 2gb vs intel hd graphics 4400 good for working with adobe suite for webdesign and publishing and also rendering fractals etc...Thanks in advance.Have a great day.

Solution
For web design, you don't need anything fancy. Any i3 machine with 4gb of memory or more is good enough.

As for fractals, all depends on your software. If it uses typical CUDA implementations, a 960m will improve calculation speed, but often you don't care about performance since for design you'll be rendering first to a file and then opening it up in image editing software. Don't bother with Nvidia GPUs that are lower than X40m (or low end AMD ones), as the newer Intel chips are not far behind and will improve battery life substantially.

Also, your numbers seem a bit old, I would suggest against buying second hand laptops or those with old hardware unless you know what you are doing.
For web design, you don't need anything fancy. Any i3 machine with 4gb of memory or more is good enough.

As for fractals, all depends on your software. If it uses typical CUDA implementations, a 960m will improve calculation speed, but often you don't care about performance since for design you'll be rendering first to a file and then opening it up in image editing software. Don't bother with Nvidia GPUs that are lower than X40m (or low end AMD ones), as the newer Intel chips are not far behind and will improve battery life substantially.

Also, your numbers seem a bit old, I would suggest against buying second hand laptops or those with old hardware unless you know what you are doing.

Solution

nvvsintelhd

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015

nvvsintelhd

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015
Hello! Thank you so much for taking time out to answer.Am from India and have no clue about the processors etc.Greatly appreciate your input , if you can be more specific about the configuration, as you know my requirement , have a great day :) NVSSINTELHD.

PC and laptops are different, and have different requirements.
PC: Intel Core i3 or i5 with at least 2.8GHz clock, 8gb or more of RAM, disk of at least 128GB (SSD) or 1TB (hard disk)
Notebook: Intel Core i5 in the 4000 or 5000 range, 8gb or more of RAM, 128GB SSD or larger (depends on your needs)

With at least those minimum specifications, the computer should do just what you want and be fast at doing it.

As desktops are not my specialty I will leave that to the experts.

For the laptop, it will depend on if you are using the cpu or gpu as they can be generated using mathematical formula. If this is the case get a good cpu like an i7 - 4700m if they are complex. Otherwise a i5 - 4500m if that is available. If it is gpu then a quadrino or amd fire pros are preferred. This is with 8 gigs of ram or 16 if heavy multi tasking is needed. Storage will depend on you.

nvvsintelhd

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015

Hello Thanks a lot for your input to my query,
Have a great day ,
Cheers ,
nvvsintelhd

nvvsintelhd

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015

Hello,
Thank You for the clear input and sorry for not replying as I did not log in here,
Have a Great Day
NVSSINTELHD.