Best Gaming Desktops 2014

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

booyaah

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
The writer obviously got paid to write these articles. If I was the editor and saw this, I would tell him to go find a new editorial to write for.

biggestinsect

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
This article was posted in Tom's Guide not Hardware which I believe is geared to a somewhat less techy audience. A lot of people want high end PCs and have no interest in building them or trusting some guy they know to build it for them. They have careers and lives that don't necessarily involve video card and motherboard research. So we can build them cheaper and usually better - they don't seem to care. Companies like Maingear and Origin make seductive products and some people have no issues paying a premium for them. I don't see restaurant reviews with commenters saying "are you nuts, I can buy the same food and cook it for two-thirds the cost" too often.

biggestinsect

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
I didn't really read the article, looked at the pictures and went to comments. Then I saw the paragraph about Nvidia owning the gaming industry and AMD can be had for a fraction of the cost. I'm not a AMD fan but...Maybe you guys are right about this article.

ktd

Estimable
Apr 5, 2014
You guys are obviously the bomb when it comes to gaming PCs (the commenters). About 20 years ago, I was into PC gaming and now have again become interested. Doing a Google search brings up articles like this so I'm not sure how helpful/realistic they are (per your comments). For those who have commented, what specifically would you recommend if you were going to build a gaming pc? Alternatively, could you point me in the direction of objective reviews that you would agree with? I also need to use such a PC for work so I'll be looking to purchase a monitor as well. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.