Best Gaming Headset 2015?

Solution
True 7.1 doesn't exist in headsets. That means you have multiple speakers. Surround is useless for music, and virtual surround is just fine for gaming, you can tell where sounds come from just as easily. The Sennheiser G4ME Zero is probably the best gaming headset out there in terms of sound quality, it's pretty comfortable, and it has good build quality.
7.1-Surround-Sound.gif
This is surround. You would have to strap a speaker onto your forehead.

ewok93

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
True 7.1 doesn't exist in headsets. That means you have multiple speakers. Surround is useless for music, and virtual surround is just fine for gaming, you can tell where sounds come from just as easily. The Sennheiser G4ME Zero is probably the best gaming headset out there in terms of sound quality, it's pretty comfortable, and it has good build quality.
7.1-Surround-Sound.gif
This is surround. You would have to strap a speaker onto your forehead.

Solution

Killmeplsok

Estimable
Dec 5, 2014
True 7.1 doesn't exist with headsets, even those with multiple drivers built in, no matter what the audio is just punching in through 2 channels right on top of your ear.

If you really want a more realistic surround if virtual surround could not meet your requirement, get an open back one. The ATH-ADG1 is one of the best open back gaming headset I know of.