Best Gaming Headsets Right Now

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nofzac

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
I've been using LucidSound LS40s and love them. I've got thru TB Stealth 500s, PDP Afterglow (Nur and AG9s), SkullCandy Plyr 1 - One thing i see ignored in a lot of articles is that some of the wireless headsets only do 5.1/7.1 on PC, but Stereo Only on consoles. Say what you want about simulated surround being true or not, but it does add more depth than stereo.

fusedspine33

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
The Steel Series Arctis 7 series suffers from severe limitations for PS4 gaming. The headsets block 90% of outside noise and the mic does not monitor causing you to feel like you are not in the coversation or need to yell. The chat mix dial does not work on PS4. The volume dials face rearward and have no tension on them causing them to rotate with the slightest touch on the collar of a shirt or hoodie. The mic was low even at the highest input settings. After installing the latest firmware update wireless functionality disappeared and the headset would only work when plugged into the headset. These maybe great for pc gaming but they were awful for PS4 gaming. Customer support was unable to help resolve the issues. Documentation with the units needs improvement and the website support doesn’t offer much to assist setup or troubleshooting for console gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.