Best gaming laptop for around $1,500

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CORKNUTZ69

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
I've been looking at Alienware, and the known good gaming laptop makers but just seems there are alot of options. Like I'm a dell fan, my last vostro 1700 worked great for wow etc. The price is flexible but I want something that can play all current games on max settings etc.

CORKNUTZ69

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
While I'm waiting for my beauty to show up, quick questions. To install that crucial SSD, I will need to remove current HD and plug crucial into that slot I';m assuming? Or is it just jumpered to determine which is primary. Also, I'm assuming that I would make the crucial primary and install operating system and all programs/games to the crucial then any other saved garage drirect to the 2nd harddrive?? Since its only 250 GB I dont want to fill er up too fast.........

CORKNUTZ69

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
So do I need a harddrive caddy then? It had an option for 3 harddrives, 2 normal and the third if you wanted it you would have to order no dvd and add a hardrive caddy. I took it as I could fit 2 harddrives without having to remove the dvd rom.

CORKNUTZ69

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
FYI WR2/Maziar: Received my 8180 Sager and its the badonk........super massively huge but I love it.......25 lb beast when shoved into the bag with all the goodies, I posted in that other guys forum about that jowa bag to see how/where he got the bag for it. I like the idea of having some padding lol. I got it all loaded up and it screams.......graphics cranked on batman ark, Rage, Call of duty 4 etc. etc. all works great. Thanks again. Dual radeon vids seem to rock I've always been a Nvidia Gforce fan but may be rethinking on home pc builds now lol.

CORKNUTZ69

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Still cant break my 5.9 rating on hardrive on windows performance but from what I'm reading its hard/impossible to do??? I installed the crucial SSD as primary/500 Sata secondary. Still didnt break it. Unless it tests both drives and the sata drags it down?