Best Gaming Laptop for College

TheLetterSee

Estimable
Nov 28, 2014
Hello, I am looking to purchase a gaming laptop for college and although I have a general idea of a few that I want to buy, I'm no expert and would appreciate any input. My budget is between 1 and 2 thousand dollars so I have been looking at the Acer Aspire v15 Nitro black and the Asus ROG series of laptops. On the high end of things, I have settled on the MSI GS60 Ghost pro. The only requirements I have are at least an NVIDIA GTX 860m graphics card, an i7 processor, at least 16 GB of ram, either 1 TB hard drive or 256 GB SSD and a backlit keyboard. It is not a requirement but as I will be using it in college, I would prefer a thinner and lighter laptop over a bulky almost desktop build. If it helps, I will be playing mostly FPS games. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

TheLetterSee

Estimable
Nov 28, 2014
Yeah I was looking at this as well. I have a spreadsheet of different laptops and this was one of the first ones on the list.

TheLetterSee

Estimable
Nov 28, 2014
The GIGABYTE one seems perfect but they're all sold out at the moment. Thanks for all of the help guys. Looks like I'll either get the GIGABYTE, the Lenovo Y50, or an Asus ROG. I just have to see if my parents will chip in some money for it.