Best gaming laptop in India for 80k/1200$

Jigmee Tshering

Estimable
May 30, 2015
I am about to be a college student and plan on going far from home, for that my only source of indoor entertainment would be my gaming laptop. I know some entry level gaming laptops but I would love it if you guys could give your opinion to help me select the best one among all.

Obviously I'll be using it for gaming, a lot maybe 4hrs+ maybe (sometimes).
I plan the laptop to play games like Arma 3, Ark Survival : Evolved, DayZ some more games like these in high settings hoping 30fps ? For me 25fps+ is completely playable.

So by saying this these are my top to laptops in my list (India)
1) http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00ZPAYDSU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2IXN34PTA7BV&coliid=IHCATBQ37TJMX

VS.

2)http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00TOEK8FA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2IXN34PTA7BV&coliid=IXF8OBKL19KJ5

Thank you so much for reading my long post !

Solution

Jigmee Tshering

Estimable
May 30, 2015

Exactly, I've been stuck with this choice for a week or more!
You understand my situation, I don't wanna rush. But thank you for replying.
What would you have done if you were in my situation ?

Well, I see that the ASUS also comes with a bunch of accessories (bag, mouse, headset) which I personally don't need. So that would push me towards the Lenovo. But the display issue still bothers me, not really knowing the quality of either without being able to compare them side by side. I'd try to find as many reviews of each model I could. And if a majority of folks seem satisfied with the TN panel on the Lenovo, I'd take the chance and buy it because of the better GPU. There are good and bad TN panels (my laptop has an excellent TN display), so IPS is no guarantee that the ASUS' will be that much better.

P.S. Now if you had been here in the U.S. a couple of days ago, I would have told you to get this over either of those: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-stealth-pro-17-3-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-aluminum-gray/3572056.p?id=1219588125917&skuId=3572056

It was on sale for 1250USD, and has a GTX 970M!!

Jigmee Tshering

Estimable
May 30, 2015

The Asus has a better cpu and hdd. How much of a difference will that make.

The difference in CPU is very marginal. You'll never notice the difference in the real world.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4720HQ-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4710HQ

The HDD in the ASUS will load things somewhat faster, but not insanely so. You can always upgrade the HDD to something faster at a later date if you really feel the need. Updating the GPU because you bought the weaker one would be much more problematic.

The performance difference in GPU's is more pronounced than in the CPU's.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-950M-vs-GeForce-GTX-860M

P.S. The listing for the ASUS shows it as "Currently unavailable" anyway.

Cpu's don't really impact while gaming.

I don't think there will be much difference between the hdds except for slightly quicker loading times for games.

chromefang

Estimable
Jun 28, 2014
Go with the Asus Rogue , it is a newer model and cheaper with better specs than the y50-70 .One of my friend has y50 and he is very happy with his laptop , but then asus offers better specs than lenovo so it has to be better than y50 .
I can tell you about y50 that All the games played in y50 give good fps scores , most of them can be played on ultra setting . I myself was waiting for this one to be launched last year , but had to buy Z50-70
There is no issue of frame drops , the screen is pretty good and the look is by far the best .
Coming over to the difference y50 offers 8gb ssd , and asus doesnt . Don't worry , the 1tb hdd isnt bad either as it is 7200rpm hd
The gpu of asus has better test scores and benchmarks than y50
The asus processor is an upgraded version of y50(Both being dual core )

Flipkart offers asus @Rs 71200/-
and Lenovo y50 @ Rs78500/- .
There is a huge price difference , you can buy your other stuffs like mouse, bag, keyboard with that money left
Hope it helps

obamaseviltwin

Estimable
Mar 14, 2014
dude you have a good budget can i know the reason why you are still running towards the laptop gaming , you can get the best out of a custom pc and can even play at ultra or high settings at 60+ fps , laptop i suggest you not to go on gaming with it ,

you will always have some issues relating to heat plus -
you will have to change your battery every 2 - 3 years plus ( its india dude battery's here are not cheap at all around 5 - 6 K)
and if you somehow destroy or fry something like screen or motherboard the repairing cost are really insane

so here is my theory
laptop + GAMES = bad idea my friend , but if u got that MONEY go for it and be ready to face it , or try PC if u just want to game
INSANELY
i have experienced it , so suggesting you not to make the same mistake that i made

The cpu won't make that much of a difference in games unless you are playing cpu intense titles. I don't know why you say the the hdd in the asus is better as the lenovo has an ssd build in. This should make frequently accessed games load faster than the asus as it is a normal hdd.

Correct me if I am wrong though, I am not a hdd expert.

obamaseviltwin

Estimable
Mar 14, 2014

true bro just grab the lenovo one its better by every possible means , we already have our winner

serialkiller

Honorable
Feb 10, 2012

http://www.flipkart.com/computer/compare?ids=COME8FFMK9HRQTER,COME4SZ7QTTVKJEW,COMEFFZRVBCHZAUC&storeId=6bo%2Fb5g

If this link is not working then reply.

This will surely remove some doubt .

Lenovo has the most horsepower but Average screen
Asus has nice screen but less power.( Warning : service of asus in india is extremely poor)
the third laptop is HP one with Full HD Led touchscreen screen and a step down gpu from lenovo but with 4GB Vram.

Good luck with the purchase.

Solution

chromefang

Estimable
Jun 28, 2014

Like he said he is going to the college so he might not be able to be get a desktop considering his room size and mobility