Solved! Best gaming laptop, laptop cooler and headset for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for 3 things:

• A gaming laptop that primarly is used to play black desert online remastered mode with all settings on
  • An external laptop cooler
  • A good headset which has good audio for games, the mic should be decent but the audio quality of the headset is more important

For the laptop here is what it should have
  • Budget is not important as it can be very high but I would not want to spend more than neccessary
  • 1080p screen with a good colour gamut, this wont be used for any pro creations but has to have a good enough screen for gaming. Screen size is not important to me. It must have a bright screen as I do take this in direct sunlight.
  • Audio optimisation is important for me as I enjoy listening to game audio and music
  • Must relatively thin as i will be moving it around the house.
  • Must have good customer support and after sales support
  • Must have free delivery to the UK
  • Must last at least for 5 years of me not tampering with the internals
  • Easy to maintain and accesible internals including easy repasting the cpu and gpu.

I dont know anything about headsets or laptop coolers so whatever is good (must last around 5 years or more) i will take.

Also is it a good time to buy a laptop or should I wait, my current laptop has an intel i7-77hq and a gtx 1070? Also is the scar 17 amd r9 version good for my needs?

Solution
Most of the fancy effects at max are not easy to tell from medium settings unless you start to examine details, I would not swap out a laptop with a 1070 video card to get a few more shadows or further sight distance in a game. For a gaming laptop even more so since you need to take into account they are a lot more likely to break than a desktop system (mobile, high heat, tight component packing), no upgrade path, I would not go from a laptop that is already fast to a new one.

There is no way to guess if the laptop will last 5 years, or even 1 year without breaking, past just faith in the product quality, which can vary not just from brand to brand but from model to model and year to year.
Thin and easy to maintain are also exclusive...
Most of the fancy effects at max are not easy to tell from medium settings unless you start to examine details, I would not swap out a laptop with a 1070 video card to get a few more shadows or further sight distance in a game. For a gaming laptop even more so since you need to take into account they are a lot more likely to break than a desktop system (mobile, high heat, tight component packing), no upgrade path, I would not go from a laptop that is already fast to a new one.

There is no way to guess if the laptop will last 5 years, or even 1 year without breaking, past just faith in the product quality, which can vary not just from brand to brand but from model to model and year to year.
Thin and easy to maintain are also exclusive, same goes for gaming since a thin gaming laptop is probably the worst possible thing to get due to heat and design issues, it will either throttle speed as it heats up so you are wasting money on fast components or will increase the chance of failure if it just goes all out and runs at full power and heat.

For a headset, there are many good options, my favorite under like 300 is the Cooler Master MH751, nice even balanced sound, good mic, and well under $100. Drop also has a very good sale on the Sensheiser pc37x, if you can get it shipped to where you are, that is an excellent pick. If I did not already have like a dozen headphones/headsets I would order one myself hehe https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-pc37x-gaming-headset It's not a matter of picking out a good one vs bad one, it's more of a matter of picking one that you like, and without trying out dozens of headsets and headphones you won't be able to really make a decision without just trusting what you get is better than something else you did not get. Most headsets and headphones in the $50 + range are good, some are great, all you can really do is go through reviews and try one that seems OK to you.

Solution

Thin and easy to maintain are also exclusive, same goes for gaming since a thin gaming laptop is probably the worst possible thing to get due to heat and design issues, it will either throttle speed as it heats up so you are wasting money on fast components or will increase the chance of failure if it just goes all out and runs at full power and heat.

For a headset, there are many good options, my favorite under like 300 is the Cooler Master MH751, nice even balanced sound, good mic, and well under $100. Drop also has a very good sale on the Sensheiser pc37x, if you can get it shipped to where you are, that is an excellent pick. If I did not already have like a dozen headphones/headsets I would order one myself hehe https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-pc37x-gaming-headset It's not a matter of picking out a good one vs bad one, it's more of a matter of picking one that you like, and without trying out dozens of headsets and headphones you won't be able to really make a decision without just trusting what you get is better than something else you did not get. Most headsets and headphones in the $50 + range are good, some are great, all you can really do is go through reviews and try one that seems OK to you.

What about the laptop cooler? Which one would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.