Solved! best headphones that meet the following criteria?

Sep 22, 2019
-Just an average music listener. Normally use headphones during mild cardio, sometimes long walks and at home for occasional gaming and movies.

-wired apple earbuds are only kind of headphones I ever used for about 10 years until a few weeks ago when another pair stopped working that I decided to upgrade to a better set of headphones

-From my research, I found 1more triple had great reviews. Decided to buy it. The sound is great. However, ear buds are not well designed. They kept falling out.

-Did research again and decided to buy over ear headphones only so there is no risk of headphones constantly falling out.Here's my criteria:

-under $200

-must be wired

-must have mic as i use iphone

-over ear

-must offer same or superior sound quality than 1more triple

-replaceable cord and pads are a plus
based on this criter, I have narrowed it down to the BOSE headphones but I just dont how to compare a headphone's technical aspects. Is the sound quality going to be similar or higher quality to that of 1more triple?

Some people previously recommended Audio-Technica ATH-M40x and Sony MDR7506 Professional but I am hearing mixed things like they are more suitable for professionals and not really for average music listener so i dont wonna take that risk.

any recommendations and advice would highly appreciated.

Solution
-Just an average music listener. Normally use headphones during mild cardio, sometimes long walks and at home for occasional gaming and movies.

-wired apple earbuds are only kind of headphones I ever used for about 10 years until a few weeks ago when another pair stopped working that I decided to upgrade to a better set of headphones

-From my research, I found 1more triple had great reviews. Decided to buy it. The sound is great. However, ear buds are not well designed. They kept falling out.

-Did research again and decided to buy over ear headphones only so there is no risk of headphones constantly falling out.Here's my criteria:

-under $200

-must be wired

-over ear

-must offer same or...

-under $200

-must be wired

-over ear

-must offer same or superior sound quality than 1more triple

-replaceable cord and pads are a plus
based on this criter, I have narrowed it down to the BOSE headphones but I just dont how to compare a headphone's technical aspects. Is the sound quality going to be similar or higher quality to that of 1more triple?

Some people previously recommended Audio-Technica ATH-M40x and Sony MDR7506 Professional but I am hearing mixed things like they are more suitable for professionals and not really for average music listener so i dont wonna take that risk.

any recommendations and advice would highly appreciated.

Not sure why you would be against headphones for "professionals", do you feel you don't deserve good sounding headphones? Or do you like the more fake sound like you would get from Beats that exaggerate some frequencies? Bose are not bad, but expensive and are not really something people that know about audio would buy.

You are looking for wired headphones, for an iPhone, does your iPhone has a 3.5mm jack or are you getting a lighting to 3.5mm adapter?

Another thing to check, if your headphones are falling out, you are probably using plugs that are too small for your ears, they should have come with a few sets, did you try several?

You can try one of the many in ear monitors that fit better, for the price, the BGVP DMG are good, they are in the $150 range, fit well and have loop that goes over the ears so they stay supported. I have a set, very smooth sound, a pleasure to listen to for long times.

A much cheaper option at about $50, although the fit is a bit worse, is the Tin T2, you really need to use foam tips with those since the low end is just a bit too light with rubber tips.

Second, and also very good for price of about $50 are the KZ ZS10 Pro, they should fit nicer than the Tin T2s https://www.amazon.com/Earphone-Resolution-Connector-Detachable-Without/dp/B07QPYK5LX/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1AM13G1ZIM1WV&keywords=kz+10+pro&qid=1569270264&s=electronics&sprefix=KZ+10+,electronics,127&sr=1-4&th=1

For over ear, the ATH-M40x are great for the price, although I would not use any over the ear set when exercising with any sort of motion past maybe weight-lifting or light jogging/fast walking.

Keep in mind you will need adapters for all those unless you iPhone has a 3.5mm jack. Or you can get a good wireless set, these ones are about $25 or less and have good reviews, although I have not listened to them myself, for bluetooth with decent sound, they are a good bargain https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Headpho...1GESDFR9ZFE&psc=1&refRID=9BXXFZQKR1GESDFR9ZFE My daughter actually has one of those sets, I should probably just borrow them and listen LOL

Last edited:
Solution