Best Headset for under £200

tom_taylor97

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
Hello,

I don't have a clue when it comes to headphones so i was hoping you guys could help me pick out a new pair. I am using an Asus Xonar U7 soundcard and the headphones don't need a mic as i use a blue snowball.

Many Thanks,
Tom

Solution
You just need headphones.

I recommend over ear, removable cable headphones. Open back or closed back based on preference. Open back allows you to hear people talking, doorbell, etc... but others will hear your music. Closed back is isolated and people won't hear your noise either. Open back generally sounds better with a more open, airy sound, but it's not ideal for noisy environments, or for DJing in a noisy club, airplanes where you'll bother others, and offices. But at home they are great.

I like the AKG K712 Pro. Amazon has them for 204 pounds which is an amazing deal. They are semi open backs. You'll be hard pressed to find anything better at that price, but headphones are personal and you may prefer another...

gondo

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
You just need headphones.

I recommend over ear, removable cable headphones. Open back or closed back based on preference. Open back allows you to hear people talking, doorbell, etc... but others will hear your music. Closed back is isolated and people won't hear your noise either. Open back generally sounds better with a more open, airy sound, but it's not ideal for noisy environments, or for DJing in a noisy club, airplanes where you'll bother others, and offices. But at home they are great.

I like the AKG K712 Pro. Amazon has them for 204 pounds which is an amazing deal. They are semi open backs. You'll be hard pressed to find anything better at that price, but headphones are personal and you may prefer another brand/model.

They are very amplifier dependent but you have an external USB DAC so you should be fine.

Solution