Best Laptop Cooler For a Gaming Laptop with a Desktop Core I7 and GTX 980M

Lemarsghast

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
I am getting a Sager NP9772-S but my current cooling pad is small and too weak to handle the monstrosity that is coming. I will be overclocking my laptop regularly during rendering and gaming, and I mostly put the laptop on the desk all day. Please find me a laptop that will make my laptop the coolest it can be. Thanks.

P.S DO NOT TELL ME TO GET A DESKTOP I TRAVEL A LOT. Thanks

JackNaylorPE

Distinguished
I have not found cooling pads, coolers to be worth a dang..... and the ones with fans powered by USB port on the lappie can kill the lappie. Having had a dozen or so Clevo laptops used for CAD and gaming both in my office and personal use

(bought em here ..... this yours ? http://www.lpc-digital.com/sager-np9772-special.html)

I find them well suited for CAD and gaming usage with moderate overclocks. The only bthing I do to keep them cool is"

a) Occasionally clean out the crumbs, cat hairs, dandruff and other stuff that gets inside
b) Raise the back up a bit ... I use one of these since there's two on on each the employee's desks at all times..... no I steal theirs, don't use my own :)

If you must use a cooler, make sure it uses a separate power source.... like a USB Hub with DC power input from wall plug

vwww.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP-H720P-High-Speed-7-Port-USB/dp/B0006TIA8Y/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8

Lemarsghast

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014

Yes that is the laptop but I am buying it from Xotic PC. Can you suggest me a laptop with a USB hub and DC power? The SF-19 with USB 3.0 with DC power is what I liked but they discontinued it so i need a good alternative.

JackNaylorPE

Distinguished
The idea of a USB hub is that it is ***NOT*** part of or connected to the laptop because the power that cooler sucks thru your laptops USB can overtax your laptop.... I have a cooler here that you can have ..... it didn't make anything cooler but it did burn out my USB on one of our lappies.

You want a separate USB hub to plug that gets its power from the wall not your laptop.

Wall Plug => Charger Brick => Laptop
Wall Plug => USB Hub => Cooler

The link for the one I used is in above post. Tho I don't use the cooler as it doesn't actually make anything cooler than using the triangular scale to get the bottom of lappie off the desk.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Laptop General Discussion 4
T Laptop General Discussion 5
L Laptop General Discussion 0
S Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 1
O Laptop General Discussion 2
peaceduke Laptop General Discussion 1
K Laptop General Discussion 2
K Laptop General Discussion 1
N Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 4