Best Laptop Cooler For a Gaming Laptop with a Desktop Core I7 and GTX 980M

Lemarsghast

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
I am getting a Sager NP9772-S but my current cooling pad is small and too weak to handle the monstrosity that is coming. I will be overclocking my laptop regularly during rendering and gaming, and I mostly put the laptop on the desk all day. Please find me a laptop that will make my laptop the coolest it can be. Thanks.

P.S DO NOT TELL ME TO GET A DESKTOP I TRAVEL A LOT. Thanks

I have not found cooling pads, coolers to be worth a dang..... and the ones with fans powered by USB port on the lappie can kill the lappie. Having had a dozen or so Clevo laptops used for CAD and gaming both in my office and personal use

(bought em here ..... this yours ? http://www.lpc-digital.com/sager-np9772-special.html)

I find them well suited for CAD and gaming usage with moderate overclocks. The only bthing I do to keep them cool is"

a) Occasionally clean out the crumbs, cat hairs, dandruff and other stuff that gets inside
b) Raise the back up a bit ... I use one of these since there's two on on each the employee's desks at all times..... no I steal theirs, don't use my own :)

31FiulMaxoL.jpg

If you must use a cooler, make sure it uses a separate power source.... like a USB Hub with DC power input from wall plug

vwww.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP-H720P-High-Speed-7-Port-USB/dp/B0006TIA8Y/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8

Lemarsghast

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014

Yes that is the laptop but I am buying it from Xotic PC. Can you suggest me a laptop with a USB hub and DC power? The SF-19 with USB 3.0 with DC power is what I liked but they discontinued it so i need a good alternative.

The idea of a USB hub is that it is ***NOT*** part of or connected to the laptop because the power that cooler sucks thru your laptops USB can overtax your laptop.... I have a cooler here that you can have ..... it didn't make anything cooler but it did burn out my USB on one of our lappies.

You want a separate USB hub to plug that gets its power from the wall not your laptop.

Wall Plug => Charger Brick => Laptop
Wall Plug => USB Hub => Cooler

The link for the one I used is in above post. Tho I don't use the cooler as it doesn't actually make anything cooler than using the triangular scale to get the bottom of lappie off the desk.