Best Laptop For Civil Engineering Student and Light Gamer

mrcloud

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015
Hey guys, I need some help finding the best laptop for the upcoming years. i'm going into civil engineering and want to get a laptop that can run autodesk and solidworks well. I also want something that can play some games with my friends. Everything that seems prefered by others is around $1800... I'd like to only spend $1,000-$1300. Is it possible to get a reliable laptop for that amount? Another question I have is is it worth it, is it better to go all out and spend the 1,800 or will I be fine getting a cheaper machine?

mrcloud

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015

valkyria chronicles, assassins creed, things like that. i'm more interested in the school function such as practicality and how well I can complete work on it.

eidolon171

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I have a Dell Precision with an Intel i5 4210m and AMD Firepro W4170m, a vastly superior combo to the sandy bridge i7 and ancient NVIDIA Quadro desktop at my university. I bought it for $925 from Geeksquad. It is absolutely fantastic for AutoCAD, and CAD-based programs. Alas it is **** at gaming. I do all my gaming on my FX 9590 desktop. And general web browsing on my Atom-based (cherry trail) Surface 3. It's best for my purposes to have one device per job and get a better experience on each, all 3 together cost me $2100.