Solved! Best Laptop for College Engineering Student

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2020
Hello,
I am entering college as an engineering student and need to invest in a solid laptop to last me all 4 years. Looking for at least an i7, 16gb ram, 500gb SSD, and sturdy chassis.
I am considering last year's Dell Precision 5540 with a Quadro T1000 (using school discount it costs around $1700), and the 2020 Razer Blade 15 Base model with an RTX 2060 (also around $1700-1800). I want to keep the budget around $1500-2000.
I see the 2060 outperforming the T1000 in multiple benchmarks but it is not a quadro card. I don't think I will be running extremely complex software, but definitely 3D modeling and engineering applications. Any suggestions will help.

Solution
Hi, In the Engineering, you will be participating in the multiple projects, for this, you need to install/run the software according to your branch. for this, you need to choose the laptop according to your project. in my opinion, you will go with the Intel i7 with the latest generation and at least 8GB DDR4 RAM and 500GB/1TB SSD and 2GB Graphic Card. graphic card helps the to smooth running the software.

satineeraj

Estimable
May 29, 2020
Hi, In the Engineering, you will be participating in the multiple projects, for this, you need to install/run the software according to your branch. for this, you need to choose the laptop according to your project. in my opinion, you will go with the Intel i7 with the latest generation and at least 8GB DDR4 RAM and 500GB/1TB SSD and 2GB Graphic Card. graphic card helps the to smooth running the software.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.