Best Laptop for football manager

Solution
No problem, and yes, either MacBook would be a good choice.

Between the two I would personally go with the MacBook Pro, but I prefer to have a bit of weight and size on my laptops...every time I work on a client's MacBook Air I feel like I could crush it very easily if I wasn't careful.

fairhurst94

Estimable
Oct 7, 2015
Don't mind about what any preference, Mac would be nice but not sure if it will be better than windows for price? and i would prefer to spend no more than £1,100 if possible? thanks

glamdringfh

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Ok, I'll give you three recommendations that fit within your price range.

Mac:

Option 1: 13-inch MacBook Air (Standard Config) £999.00

Option 2: 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display (Standard Config) £999.00

The big differences between these two are hard drive space, laptop size, and speed. The Macbook Air has more storage and is very thin/ light, the Macbook Pro has a faster CPU and more RAM for faster processing and is a bit heftier.

Windows

Option 3: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (256GB / Intel Core i5) £1,079.00 *This is just about to be released, might need to wait a month before ordering*

The Surface Pro is quite different than the Macs, as it is technically a tablet/ laptop hybrid. It has a touchscreen and stylus available that allows for drawing on the screen, which might be a nice feature for developing plays and showing movement on a page. It does come with a keyboard as well though, so you don't have to fuss with the on-screen keyboard nonsense of most tablets.

Of the three I would personally choose the Surface Pro 4, as the on-screen manipulation could be very helpful in a dynamic setting like coaching.

glamdringfh

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
No problem, and yes, either MacBook would be a good choice.

Between the two I would personally go with the MacBook Pro, but I prefer to have a bit of weight and size on my laptops...every time I work on a client's MacBook Air I feel like I could crush it very easily if I wasn't careful.

Solution