Best laptop for Linux and programmind

fsetragno

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016
I need to purchase a laptop which is going to be used for programming and web development under Linux. What could be the best option considering a price range of 800-1200 $? Should I take into account hardware compatibility issues when choosing a laptop with Linux?

Solution
That srt of money is for Windows only and you don't need to spend anything like that. Buy a second-hand Windows 7 machine - no older than that - and let your Linux choice format it out of existence when it creates its partitions.

You won't want to stare at the black and white stuff on a much smaller screen than 15.6" for very long sessions but you will get a decent seventeen inch, quality laptop for $300 from what I know about US prices.
That srt of money is for Windows only and you don't need to spend anything like that. Buy a second-hand Windows 7 machine - no older than that - and let your Linux choice format it out of existence when it creates its partitions.

You won't want to stare at the black and white stuff on a much smaller screen than 15.6" for very long sessions but you will get a decent seventeen inch, quality laptop for $300 from what I know about US prices.

Solution