Best laptop for working / some gaming for $2000-$2500

delsaber

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
So i am going to be playing less games when I move to the USA so I want a laptop that is powerful, mobile but could play the odd game here or there. Nothing intense like battlefield 4, probably dota 2.

I would like a QHD resolution, mobile and powerful machine.

I looked at a Macbook pro but not sure if i am better getting a windows machine with better specs as I am normally a PC man.

faalin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
do you want light weight or weight doesn't matter? If it doesn't matter then take a look at msi's gaming series laptops. I picked up a 15.6" GT60 2OD-026US about 5 months ago since I travel a lot and wanted to game on the road. I also added in two intel 120gb and 256gb msata drives and have yet to find a weakness to this laptop.

delsaber

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for one that is quite mobile. The sort of weight of a macbook pro or around that would be good.

I don't want a machine that has been styled towards gaming. I want a plain looking machine ideally.

I like MSI so I will check out their site a bit more. I find a lot of those sites make it really tough to nail down the right machine though lol

faalin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
look into there GS or GE series laptops, they are a lot thinner and should be in the ballpark of what your looking for. Just a quick look and found this on there webpage GS70 2OD-002US, oh and the shield on the lid is just a sticker, it comes in the manual bag so you don't even have to put it on.

delsaber

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008

ah yeah that is good. I wont add the sticker :D

Checking out some of their machines now :)