Solved! Best laptop gaming device under USD $2,000

Oct 2, 2018
Hi I am looking for a video game playing laptop that is reliable and long lasting under 2k. I have seen that ASUS ROG and RAZER are now quite good. please let me know what my best options are...

I like to play world of warcraft on ultra setting along with
assassins creed odyssey on ultra graphics ( if possible for under 2k lol )

please help me tyvm!!!

Solution

Both will depend on the programs you use and the games you play and which settings (low, mid, ultra, etc) you use.
Having more RAM might not necessarily improve your graphics in games, since large textures needs VRAM instead of system RAM.
To play on @ 1080 144Hz the GTX 1070 will be a better choice.
If you're planing to keep the laptop for several years you might need 32GB of RAM.
Batman: Arkham Knight, a 3 year old game, already required 12GB of RAM for best performance.
Microsoft’s Quantum Break, from 2016, recommends 16GB...
Oct 2, 2018

is 32GB RAM worth the increase in price? also is 1070 noticeably better then the 1060?

jojesa

Distinguished

Both will depend on the programs you use and the games you play and which settings (low, mid, ultra, etc) you use.
Having more RAM might not necessarily improve your graphics in games, since large textures needs VRAM instead of system RAM.
To play on @ 1080 144Hz the GTX 1070 will be a better choice.
If you're planing to keep the laptop for several years you might need 32GB of RAM.
Batman: Arkham Knight, a 3 year old game, already required 12GB of RAM for best performance.
Microsoft’s Quantum Break, from 2016, recommends 16GB of RAM for “ultra” settings.
If you run virtual machines, you might need more than 16GB of RAM.

There is a provability that 16GB of RAM could be okay, if it meets the requirements for every game and app you use now and the near future.
That laptop has only two RAM slots and you will have to remove the 16GB if you want to upgrade to 32GB.

Solution