Question Laptop Recommendations for gaming + some general use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2022
1. What is your budget?
$1500 USD

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Between 15“-16”

3. What screen resolution do you want?
At least 1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I’m not sure, I don’t have room for a desktop so I’ve never had one to replace. However, it doesn’t need to be very portable either because I won’t go anywhere with it often.

5. How much battery life do you need?
At lest 3-4 hours would be nice

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes; I like to admire the scenery and detail in games, so I prefer to play at higher settings in most (such as Genshin Impact), but I’ll likely play at medium settings for games where framerate and performance is more important (such as Destiny 2).
Roblox
The Sims 4
Minecraft
Genshin Impact
Destiny 2
Wolfquest: Anniversary Edition
Doom
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (Remastered)
STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order
Ghostrunner
Control Ultimate Edition

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Besides gaming, I’ll mostly be doing some general browsing or have Discord open in the background. I may also do some schoolwork on it, but I won’t need a webcam because it’s just video learning, I don’t use Zoom or anything similar.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
512GB - 1TB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
https://www.amazon.com/
https://www.bestbuy.com/
https://www.walmart.com/

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least around 4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don’t need an optical drive

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I’m open to buying from most brands unless I haven’t heard of them, but I’m not keen on buying an Acer or a Lenovo computer.

My last computer was an Acer Helios Predator 300 and it stopped working a few months after the warranty expired. I expected it to last at least a couple years more. That said, I’m not keen on getting another Acer because the only computers they offer that seem to fit my needs are from the Predator seriesl and I don’t want another model of the same computer that broke unexpectedly after a little over a year.

I’ve always had a bit of a grudge against Lenovo because I bought a Lenovo Yoga A12 back around 2015, and it‘s the worst device I’ve ever owned. Along with being the most buggy computer I have had the privilege to handle, one day it suddenly just died while rebooting and wouldn’t turn on. Four years later, I decided to plug it in, and it suddenly started working again. As of today and for the indefinite future, it has once again decided that it doesn’t want to turn on anymore. I’ve always sort of mistrusted Lenovo because of this abomination of a computer. However, it was only one device, and probably one of their worst, so if you think a Lenovo would be best and can change my mind, go for it, I’ll listen.

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
If there is a fitting computer that is a bit over my budget, I’m willing to possibly get it refurbished.

I’ve previously been recommended the Eluktronics Max-15, Asus Rog Strix G15, and Lenovo Legion 5, but the Eluktronics is a little out of my price range, I’m not a big fan of the gamer aesthetic that the Asus has, and as I’ve previously explained, I’m a bit wary of getting a Lenovo product.

Thank you to anyone who replies!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 7, 2022
I will recommend you to have a look at new ASUS laptops. They come under a very good budget and perform really well. I got ASUS ROG G15 and it works very well on gaming. And I love the battery timing as well.

Reactions: ukserendipity
Status
Not open for further replies.