Best laptop under 1000$ in Washington DC

Torisutan

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
So I am going to DC this month and wan't to buy the best performing laptop with long battery life under 1000$. The reason why I am buying a laptop from the US is because I come from a country ran by fascists who overprice everything.

Solution
First of all, if you're tight on a budget, you can look for stuff over amazon and craigslist and build one for yourself. That way, it'll be more affordable and according your requirements. Heck, I saw a post over another forum where the guy managed to make a rather okay pc under a hundred bucks but i'm not suggesting that, just that if you can invest some time there and re lucky enough, you just might be able to get more mileage. with that said, let's see what options you currently have under USD 1000.

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 is gaming laptop around USD 900 and packs 7th gen i5 and Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti. RAM might be on the lower side, around 8 gigs but you can always upgrade them after a while.

Yet another option would be HP Omen 15t with...

MasterChief86

Estimable
Dec 13, 2016
First of all, if you're tight on a budget, you can look for stuff over amazon and craigslist and build one for yourself. That way, it'll be more affordable and according your requirements. Heck, I saw a post over another forum where the guy managed to make a rather okay pc under a hundred bucks but i'm not suggesting that, just that if you can invest some time there and re lucky enough, you just might be able to get more mileage. with that said, let's see what options you currently have under USD 1000.

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 is gaming laptop around USD 900 and packs 7th gen i5 and Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti. RAM might be on the lower side, around 8 gigs but you can always upgrade them after a while.

Yet another option would be HP Omen 15t with i7-7700HQ CPU and GeForce GTX 1050 with 2 gigs of VRAM.

Alienware 13 will also be a decent option if gaming is one of your needs, but considering the fact that it costs a hundred bucks more and offers i5-7300HQ and GeForce GTX 1050, I'd say Omen would be a better option. I'm only assuming your needs include the reguar stuff like browsing and streaming along with occasional gaming

Solution

Torisutan

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016

You are partially right, I simply CANNOT find a laptop on amazon as import taxes on a laptop is 25% the cost of it. I am interested in your suggestion to make my own laptop (not pc, I already have one) I would need a barebone laptop right? a shell with a motherboard but I simply cannot find a decent one.

I probably should've stated my needs which you are right I am only looking for a laptop capable of handling browsing, file management, some python scripting and occasional gaming.

Torisutan

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
I appreciate you all trying to help me and these are very good suggestions but I have come up with the idea of making a portable desktop instead as I am going to upgrade my existing desktop anyways I might as well use the old parts as. Thanks to MasterChief86 for the suggestion of building my own laptop making me come up with the idea of a portable desktop, so he will be picked as the solution.

TRENDING THREADS