Best Llano Quad Core APU?

chillmelt

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010
I'm set to buy a new laptop. So far, I have my eye on this:

http://www.frys.com/product/6521903
(2nd gen I5 for $499.99 + tax)

I'd like to buy a quad core Llano APU if possible. It seems that good Llano quad core laptops are fairly hard to find at a good price. Anyone know of a good deal for quad core APUs available for purchase this week?

Also, this table will suit my needs:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056EXUBQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

...but it's unavailable at the moment. If anyone knows of a decent Windows 7 tablet minus the Asus EP121, let me know.

Solution
Yes you can use the MicroSD for more mobile storage. And a 64GB USB thumb drive as well on the USB port.
I thought I'd better point out the difference since you were comparing it with the i5 and Llano full size laptops.

I guess you've also looked at the 11.6" E-350 APU $370 models?

Another good site to keep an eye on when you're looking for bargains: LogicBuy
It pulled up a BestBuy deal on a A6-3400M @ $450.

chillmelt

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010

From what I researched, I can buy a 32GB (micro) SD card with the Windpad, and I'll use an external HDD for more extra storage if necessary.

I will be using the machine for remote desktop access, with MS office on and around 10 browser tabs at the same time. Maybe some gaming on day offs (or leave it on for non-serious bitcoin mining). Based on this, I know that the new quad core APUs won't be of much use for my needs, but, well... I'm sort of an AMD guy. Short of a really good Intel laptop deal from slickdeals/etc., I'm set to buy an AMD portable.

Yes you can use the MicroSD for more mobile storage. And a 64GB USB thumb drive as well on the USB port.
I thought I'd better point out the difference since you were comparing it with the i5 and Llano full size laptops.

I guess you've also looked at the 11.6" E-350 APU $370 models?

Another good site to keep an eye on when you're looking for bargains: LogicBuy
It pulled up a BestBuy deal on a A6-3400M @ $450.

Solution

chillmelt

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2010
I went with my first choice after all... An 2nd gen i5 for $558 taxed seemed too good to pass up. Well, the keyboard could be better as I prefer chiclet or glossy keyboards.

I'm still in for an ultrabook/Windows 7 tablet though.