Best method for moving files from Box to Onedrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhmr99

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017
I am looking for an efficient & safe way to move files from Box to Onedrive.

Any suggestions?

Solution
Really need to know more about your overall setup and device configuration.

Efficient could be defined as the "fewest number of steps in the process" or "some quantifiable value regarding the transfer speed" of the file(s) during the move.

Safe, in my mind, is simply being sure that the moved data remains intact and is not corrupted during the move. And that I can readily verify that the move was successful. The file remaining readable and functional.

Move has the context of physically transferring the file from one location to another without some duplicate being made.

I use "Copy" which means that a copy of the file is made and placed in the new location (i.e., Onedrive) while the original file remains at the source location...
Really need to know more about your overall setup and device configuration.

Efficient could be defined as the "fewest number of steps in the process" or "some quantifiable value regarding the transfer speed" of the file(s) during the move.

Safe, in my mind, is simply being sure that the moved data remains intact and is not corrupted during the move. And that I can readily verify that the move was successful. The file remaining readable and functional.

Move has the context of physically transferring the file from one location to another without some duplicate being made.

I use "Copy" which means that a copy of the file is made and placed in the new location (i.e., Onedrive) while the original file remains at the source location (i.e. Box). After some verification that the file copy is readable and fully functional then source file can be (or could be deleted).

The are a number of third party apps availbable for cloning, backing up, or moving files about. EaseUS Todo and Free File Sync are examples.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.