Best Photo Editing Software 2014 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsanliyue

Estimable
Jan 6, 2015
I am using on of them i.e. Adobe Photoshop and the software is awesome.
tu8UA1

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Is Picasa really the best free option? I prefer paint.net on Windows as it's also free and apart from its fairly advanced feature set, it hasa bunch of third party plugins to add to that.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Two things that could improve these reviews. First a summary chart showing the features each has. Second, a chart showing what formats each opens and saves to. We need to use eps images and being a non-profit the only affordable package we found was GIMP + Ghostscript.

KB82

Estimable
Feb 2, 2015
I dont quite understand these test results. They seem more like a review than a "best of" list (as suggested by the title). I would have liked to see comparisons to other Software like Capture One Pro or DxO. The programs mentioned here are simply the most well known... in any segment.. and have been for years. This makes the article somewhat pointless for anyone other than those completely new to photo editing or photography.

The_Defender123

Estimable
Apr 29, 2015
Use gimp. It's free and has TONS of uses to your expense. A good paid software is Adobe Illustrator. It is somewhat easy to learn and can make great graphics with just a few touches.

TheTemest

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010

It's been mentioned before, but GIMP is an extremely attractive alternative to Photoshop and it's free. It is definitely more feature-rich than Picassa.

Loren_

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015
Hi!

Can anyone help me please? For a Windows 8 machine, I am looking for a free, basic photo editing software that has the features listed below, prominently. And not much more. I have downloaded and tried at least 20 of them, and haven't found the right fit yet. It's for my Mom, who is kind of a techniphobe. Too many options scare her, but she definitely wants the options below...

Tools to adjust exposure (i.e. contrast, brightness...)
tools to adjust color (i.e. red, green, blue...)
Adjust sharpness,
crop
auto adjust
maybe undo

If you have an idea of one, please email it to [email address removed]
I appreciate any ideas you might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.