Best Antivirus Software and Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkncat

Proper
Apr 3, 2018
So wait, wasn't Kapersky implicated in a security vulnerability that the AV software was providing metrics on user data and phoning home with it?

punkncat

Proper
Apr 3, 2018

This symbol "?" at the end of a statement makes it a question in the typical world of grammar. Normally the language structure and wording is fairly indicative as well, however I can see where you would be confused with the statement.
It was a question based on a recollection of an article I read recently indicating as much. Couldn't find the link, of course.

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016

Yes they were. It made the national news for a few days then blew over.

Sep 28, 2018
Do the authors of these articles take into consideration anything except how well they perform as antivirus software? Kaspersky has been implicated in data breeches at the NSA and other government and corporations around the world. They apparently work with the Russian government for nefarious reasons.

Oct 3, 2018
Kaspersky Total Security is my choice because of its' real-time defense against the latest malware and threats. Also, because it offers nearly everything I could want in a security suite.

Oct 4, 2018
I have never used anything except Avast Antivirus and I'm personally satisfied with this product. So easy to use and everything is available on your finger tips. Instead of that, it also gives about a month of free trail and I'm not satisfied with this article because of not mentioning Avast in this article.

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
windows defender. I'm like Scotty, see, the more crap you put into it, the more complex the plumbing becomes and they you have problems. Don't mess with the best and add junkware

Oct 28, 2018
Bitdefender is Romanian, Kaspersky Anti-Virus is Russian, AVAST is Czec and Panda Security is Spanish.
PC Matic is USA and I trust it over any of the above foreign manufactors software. I use to use Avast
becasue it was one for free but all of them are using an outdated Blacklist where PC Matic is useing
their newest Whitelist that catches the latest viruses and malware. It to me is much more safer to use
that any foreign company. Oh and I forgot Norton is Indian which is another reason I will not use
Life Lock to protect my $$$$. Don't leave your expensive systems to foreign entities.

Oct 29, 2018
Bitdefender is Romanian, Kaspersky Anti-Virus is Russian, AVAST is Czec and Panda Security is Spanish.
PC Matic is USA and I trust it over any of the above foreign manufactors software. I use to use Avast
becasue it was one for free but all of them are using an outdated Blacklist where PC Matic is useing
their newest Whitelist that catches the latest viruses and malware. It to me is much more safer to use
that any foreign company. Oh and I forgot Norton is Indian which is another reason I will not use
Life Lock to protect my $$$$. Don't leave your expensive systems to foreign entities.

Don't forget Symantec is owned by the Chinese Government. That is why the DoD dropped them a few years back.

Nov 3, 2018
How on earth is Kaspersky getting recommended?? It is banned for use by any federal agency or contractor and has been documented as a portal for espionage, bots, malware distribution, and is a Russian company owned by a Putin Oligarch with FSB ties...jeeze..get real.

Nothing beats good old Hitman, RogueKiller and good old Malwarebytes (I don't use real time scan, nor it is active , just for occasional scanning).
You use Antivirus cause you are going to sketchy sites, if you used good sites, you wouldn't need for that.
Also to mention, keep Windows on seperate patrition, chances are less that it will infect the other, since my 1st infection or any other, I never had infection on other patritions (Small viruses, not the crap that locks out and asks for payment).

Status
Not open for further replies.